engine for savage?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C you know your hands are calloused from pulling on something else so you dont worry about blisters.

Mq that is a rite of passage in Nitro you arn't a man till both hands index and middle fingers have scars from the nasty blisters from pulling and pulling and pulling trying to get that first engine started..X

Originally posted by x_789
C you know your hands are calloused from pulling on something else so you dont worry about blisters.

Mq that is a rite of passage in Nitro you arn't a man till both hands index and middle fingers have scars from the nasty blisters from pulling and pulling and pulling trying to get that first engine started..X

I'm such a noob, my hands aren't meant to get calloused, they are blister-free ;)

christian,

i dont have a dual chamber pipe. i have a metal dual exhaust pipe like on a truck. my truck is so fast now its crazy, i can't wait to put in my ofna 25 today. will the ofna 25 fit in my mounts i have now or do i have to redrill some mounts???

hey guys,

i dont know if youve seen my savage pics yet or not. they are in the savage image gallery.

Originally posted by devildog_0431
christian,

i dont have a dual chamber pipe. i have a metal dual exhaust pipe like on a truck. my truck is so fast now its crazy, i can't wait to put in my ofna 25 today. will the ofna 25 fit in my mounts i have now or do i have to redrill some mounts???

hey guys,

i dont know if youve seen my savage pics yet or not. they are in the savage image gallery.

Check out the link posted at the beginning of this thread. It has a lot of info about both the 8port and the .25. I think you have to modify some parts to make it fit.

Good luck!

ofna 25 bb

hey guys i got my engine today. i took the clutch and flywheel off of my 21 bb and put it on the 25. as soon as i get off work and back to my room I'm gonna fire that motor up and break her in. i also got my reverse module and metallic blue k&n air filter today. this motor is gonna be decked out w/ some neon yellow fuel line too. what is the site w/ info on the ofna 25?:banana:

Originally posted by mjime714
Sorry. I just did not want to disrespect this site in any way. Thanks though for clearing that up...

Here is the link.

There is also a new engine that is featured on the front page of that site. I have not had time to read that info though.

here you go

Originally posted by mquejr
I have the 8 port and still in the breaking-in process...the compression on it is high, I got blister from pulling on the pullstart...

just loosen the glow plug about 2 turns, it will be easier to start the motor and less strain on the pullstart. just tighten glow plug after the engine starts, try to stay on the throttle so the engine doesn't stall. my .25 has about 1/2 gallon through it and i still use this method to start it when the engine is cold.

Last edited:
Originally posted by rice4life

just loosen the glow plug about 2 turns, it will be easier to start the motor and less strain on the pullstart. just tighten glow plug after the engine starts, try to stay on the throttle so the engine doesn't stall. my .25 has about 1/2 gallon through it and i still use this method to start it when the engine is cold.

We tried that. Even when we pull the plug all the way out, the pullstart is really hard. After massave amounts of blisters and cramped fingers, we finally got it broken in and now the pull start is starting to get a little easier to tug. It still is pretty hard, so what we did was put 2 washers on the glowplug instead of 1 and now we dont have to loosen it when we start. Works great!

i have a os rg in my savage and can't keep the front tires on the ground.

the hyper 8 port is deffinatly the best way to go i love that damn engine

Back