Engine choice?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zachary

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Okay well i'm going to put a new engine in my Aftershock and have really a couple engines lined up and trying to decide on which one. Three that i can name right off are the LRP .28 Spec3, OS30VG, or RacersEdge .32. I'm bashing only and I want the biggest strongest engine and have a load of power. Feel free to name any other engines. Thanks.

Out of the three..LRP28 S3.Seen this engine run in an LST I built as the same as my current one in pieces and it screams. It has a boat load of torque and plenty of top end if you really want to let it open up. If cash was no problem, it would be the one to get.

you could stick some bottle rockets to the back of your truck. thats what i do when i want my truck to go REALLY fast =]

WAY better than an engine IMO

you could stick some bottle rockets to the back of your truck. thats what i do when i want my truck to go REALLY fast =]

WAY better than an engine IMO

Oh, my fault, NITRO engines is what I'm talking about. :doh:

I've seen the RE32 in a LST2 and wasn't overly impressed. It wasn't bad, but it didn't have the rev's my LRP28S3 has.

I saw the OS30 in a savage 3 years or so ago, but it was a guy that didn't now how to tune and the savage was mostly broken. He had the header ziptied on... didn't last more than a few minutes so I couldn't really get a feel for it. Considering the "mass" of the savage vs the LST series, I'm not so sure it would be a good comparison anyway.

NOT FROM EXPIERENCE! Just to be clear... I've heard good things about the axial .32 spec1s.

picco p3 i seen 1 run and dam this thing kept up to my pop losie 8 truggie with a jam 21

Whats your thoughts on a picco 26? Thinking of buying one from ncnitro.

From experience Picco is always good. Spec 1s is a good hard runner, but the pick of the bunch you mentioned is the LRP spec 3. You didnt mention Spec 3 Buggy or Truggy mill. Buggy mill 10hp less than truggy, (advertised hp) but the truggy wont easily fit in everything. Some people find the LRP's hard to keep tuned but I like them, and they go very well. Stay away from the OS.30
Os are great motors but they dropped the ball with the .30. Their .28RR is their signiature engine.

The LRP is the perfect monster truck engine. It is a thirsty one until you get it completely broken in which can take 2 gallons. Mine would suck a 150cc tank dry in under 6 minutes at 210F. After2 gallons the pinch finally relaxed and the temps dropped way down, run time picked up.
It is a tight engine for the first gallon. You need to preheat them or you'll never turn it over without breaking something.

Scrogg is right on the money with the LRP. I had the exact same learning experience with the LRP. Runs a lot better on 25% than 20% as well.

I have heard nothing but good things about the LRP. But to offer one more, the Picco .28 P3 is a BEAST as well.It was well worth the $$$.