dynamite Platinum .21 tuning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc junkie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi i am new to forums but i'll give it a try i have a 1/8 kyosho inferno with a new dynamite Platinum .21 with a new jp1 pipe looking for others running this engine for feed back and carb setting to get the most out of it without running it lean any help will be greatly appriciated:hi: thanks

There's a lot of variables in engine tuning, not just the mill itself. Weather has a lot to do with it, heat and cold as well as humidity. What may be dialed in FL prolly won't work in CA and neither would work running indoors in the winter in IN. Just remember the basics when you are tuning. Get your HSN set first before tinkering with the LSN. Ensure you idle is set right. Most important, patience and very small adjustments.

And to add to that glow plugs and if you were to use a different pipe will change settings.

I run a platnium .21 and .28 both are under rated engine. Like previously stated, tuning depends on quite a few factors. Elevation, hummidity, air temp., fuel nitro %, glow plug type. I am sure you will be happy with the engine, just take your time tuning it. If you have a few extra dollars this is a great book to have. It will teach you everything from break-in to rebuild.
http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/man/man1014.htm

Back