Dynamite .19t Swap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blu_boost

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Took out my unkown 3.3 and got the dynamite "drop-in" replacement.

Not the best focus on phone, will have more after break-n. Also went with the Venom Smart Temp failsafe. Hopefully wont have to buy temp gun..
Also installed FOC last night... Wow theres so much junk it removes... those parts are pretty heavy.
I live in HOT arizona and I thinking its a good idea to start break-n in morning. Probably 70*f out..
can't wait till thursday on my day off!!
Some pics

Attachments

• 0517102032-01.jpg
    0517102032-01.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
noob

I got everything built, but have a few questions about mods I've done.

The FOC has cuased my spur gear to spin when the truck rolls foward but not backwards. Is this normal because I dont remember this before, but it did have reverse so...

Went to lhs nearest my house....:( First off the guy was 20min late to open.. then tryed to sell me expensive dynamite only parts. $19.99 pull start which spring popped out apon removal from package.. went back and guy wouldnt do anything. Lesson learned on that lhs.
Luckily I have another lhs and there SUPER Helpful with prices that rival online!!
Better costumer service keeps my money coming back. Only this shop is 15min from house.

Was hoping this was a good shop because it was close.

Pull starts are pretty easy to rewind once you've done it a few times.

You may want to check and make sure that when you spin the spur in the direction the engine will spin it that it actually goes forwards. The FOC does let it free spin in one direction and not the other, it's just been too long for me to remember which. Regardless, the FOC is a nice upgrade. Makes for smoother take offs and a more solid drive train. Doesn't slam the gears/diffs all the time as it engages like the forward/reverse trans does.

If you spin the spur in the direction the engine will spin it and the wheels spin backwards, you have the diffs in upside down and will need to flip them.

Pull starts are pretty easy to rewind once you've done it a few times.

You may want to check and make sure that when you spin the spur in the direction the engine will spin it that it actually goes forwards. The FOC does let it free spin in one direction and not the other, it's just been too long for me to remember which. Regardless, the FOC is a nice upgrade. Makes for smoother take offs and a more solid drive train. Doesn't slam the gears/diffs all the time as it engages like the forward/reverse trans does.

If you spin the spur in the direction the engine will spin it and the wheels spin backwards, you have the diffs in upside down and will need to flip them.
great info. I installed foc on mine too. Best thing I ever did. Yea, there is a lot of junk that you take out. Wasted space as far as I'm concerned. If you look at your truck from the rear-end, spin your spur counter-clock wise. Your truck should roll forward. And the spur should free-spin when spun clock-wise. Like olds said, if you spin it counter-clockwise and it rolls backwards, flip your Diffs over. That should help.;)

Yeah I think it has to do with the diffs being upside down :)
Also with the dynamite the ezstart doesn't wanna turn the engine over. I have full charged wand and it turns over the old 3.3 so I'm guessing its the tight pinch restricting the ezstart motor. Anyways... i just went ahead and ordered a 3.3 pullstart online since the OWB for the dynamite pullstart was more than the stock pullstart. Good thing i got the big tube of loc-tite.. looks like ill be re-applying it or does it work with mulitple applications?

lil side note, kinda ironic that i put the front bumper on the rear to fit my body better and the thing goes reverse after i rebuilt it.

:first_place:Thank You!! Guys!!:first_place:

Heat the engine up to 200F or as close as you can to it with a hair drier, back the glow plug out 1/4 turn (more of a nuisance if you use the blue wire for the ez-start) and then try. Between the heat and lack of compression, it should turn it over enough to let you break it in. Once it's broken in, the ez-start should start it without the heat or glow plug loosening.