DX6i, DX7, DX7s, DX8

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a friend of mine that is getting into helis also and he wants a DX6i so I'm thinking about selling him the one I just bought from this site and putting the money toward getting a DX7, DX7s, or DX8. Any one of these particularly better than the other? I mean aside from obviously more channels. Also is a DX7 still a good TX considerign they have teh DX7s out now?

The DX7 isn't as good and is and older version. The DX7s is newer and has an SD card slot for firmware and model profile uploads/downloads. I really like mine.

Ok, so If I get a newer one I should go with the DX7s or DX8 then...any huge advantage in getting the 8?

right now I'm looking at used TXs...I can get a DX7 for $125 w/lipo or DX8 for $175? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Of the 2 I'd go with the DX8, then. It has similar features to my DX7s.

ok so in typical Greywolf form I wasn't satisfied with my DX6i so I picked up a new TX and I'm selling the dx6i to my friend at work. lol. For $225 I picked up: Spektrum DX8 in like new condition, Charger, TX Lipo battery, sim card, neck strap, Ultimate Guide to the Spektrum DX8 by Chuck Bassani, a new DX8 Screen Protector, and a AR6210 dual link receiver in good working condition.

Seems like a pretty good deal considering the TX alone brand new is $299 :)

Yeah, but one of my co-workers is supposed to buy it from me this friday. If he doesn't follow through though I'll make you a good deal on it. I got it from a guy here in the forums (I think SMaxxin?), its in perfect condition :)

Back