DX3R Telemetry

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does any one know if telemetry will work with the Spektrum DX3R radio? I have read that telemetry is not compatible with the included SR3100 receiver. They recommend using the SR3001 receiver. So my question is, will the telemetry show up on the screen of the DX3R, or will it only show on the handheld unit? Has anyone had any experience with this??

i believe it will only work with the cheaper DX3S radio. other than that you are stuck with the handheld unit

+1 The DX3R runs on DSM2 as we all know which is NOT telemetry compatible. Its a pain in the butt however I like the 3r so much, ( despite its bind issues) that I wont be changing just for some technical figures that a good ear and keen eye can work out anyway....

+1 The DX3R runs on DSM2 as we all know which is NOT telemetry compatible. Its a pain in the butt however I like the 3r so much, ( despite its bind issues) that I wont be changing just for some technical figures that a good ear and keen eye can work out anyway....

What bind issues are you refering to?I have a DX3R and love it but have had some issues.Lets talk.

Thats right chip. My model was the 02 model # and on 2 occasions it lost bind.
The first time on my LXone but I had just started her so I got it shut down suffering a little skin loss.
The second was with my Revo Platinum in full flight, which ended with it upside down at a million rpm until it went 'POP'
They say it only does it on model change but this is NOT correct.
I sent that one back to Horizons for repair and bought a newer version but in only a week it has 'Deleted' saved models.
One day you have them, the next..... Vanished.
So far no unbinding issues though, but I tell you if I lose my GRP or RB 928 then it'll be a lawsuit......

At this point I would like to say I LOVE the DX3R and have NO plans on ditching them. I still think they are the best radio for us middle intelligence drivers....

Last edited:
Yes thats me losing bind occasionally on start up.I going to check the #'s.Thanks for the info.