Duratrax IntelliPeak charger question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSY0829

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
5 cell (reciever): 0.5 to 1 amp (and not a hair higher than that!)
6 cell (ez-start): all the way up to 4.5 amps (that's what I charge my nicads at... nimhs' would probably be closer to 3.5 amps)

Make sure the charger is nimh-capable.. If it's less than about 5 years old, you're safe.

the charge rate depends on the battery capacity....if it's a 1200mah pack then go for 1500-1900ma (1.5 - 1.9Amp) charge rate.....you really want to look at the manufacturer's recomendations if they are matched cells....for sport packs just charge at the capacity rate they are rated....3000mah pack = 3 amp.....
RX packs do a slow charge and they will give you more run time.....I charge my Rx packs at .2amps takes alot longer but they last longer too.....I wouldn't charge RX packs any higher than they are rated.....no need to if you plan your day of running....

I have two of the Duratrax Intellipeak Digital Charger.

The flip switch on the bottom changes the discharge rate. On mine, one side is 2 amps and the other is 10 amps.

I charge my reciever packs at .8-1.0 amps.
I charge my normal packs at 4.0 amps for bashing and 5.5 amps for racing.

When you charge at higher amps, the batteries don't usually last as long.