Dual Fuel Tanks On Savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR4X4KING

I have more toys than I know what to do with.
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
anyone ever use 2 fuel tanks on a savage i Want to try something new
will it work by just splitting both lines will it suck from both tanks at the same time or what will happen
i am stretching a savage 5.2 inches longer and making it 3 inches wider using 23 mm wheel spacers from new era racing
any ideas or answers or directions would be helpfull

You got me thinking with this thread. Personally, I dont think it would run with 2 tanks very well. If you run 2 tanks in Series...meaning your tanks are lined up in a way that fuel would go from the second tank to the first tank and then to the motor, I think you would have a problem keeping pressure on at least one fuel tank.

Your best bet would be to run them your tanks in Parallel. In Parallel you would need 2 Y-splitters. One for the pressure hose and one for the fuel line.
Run a pressure line lead from the pipe---connect a Y-splitter---then that will allow you to run a pressure line to each tank.

Do the same to for the fuel tanks. Run a fuel line lead from the carb---connect a Y-splitter--then run your lines from there to the fuel tanks.

One problem though...you must find a Y-splitter that will fit to the fuel line. i have no idea where to find one or if they even exist. Keep your eyes open. Look at walmart in the aquarium. Something is out there. if you decide to pursue it, Good Luck.

I ran 2 tanks in series and it worked just fine. No problems with pressure at all. No Y-splitters required.

The 2nd tank was mounted on the back of the rear shock tower. Main tank fed the smaller rear mounted tank which fed the carb. Pressure line fed the main tank just like normal.

2150dual_tank_back.JPG

awesome thanks for the info hooking them up in series does it suck from one tank first then the other or brom both at the same time

Last edited:
Fuel is only fed to the carb from the smaller rear mounted tank.

cool thank you i am going to start taking pictures from start to finish and compare to stock 25

any other help

I did this when the savage was first released and it worked fine mounted mine inside the rear bumper surprisingly it lasted for a few months tie wrapped in place .
since you plan to stretch your savage you should have no problems finding a spot to mount another tank.

Another suggestion would be to use an airplane fuel tank instead of the stock savage tank they come in some rather large sizes this way you'd have just one large tank instead of two.

try a search on tower for fuel tank you'll find hundreds to choose from here's one
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPLK4&P=7

you may want to look into a header tank.

they are used in airplanes and heli's. It has a weighted "flopper" hose inside the tanks so no matter how the truck is positioned, the intake is in the fuel. This keeps your truck from dieing when its on its top. And some say helps with the half tank lean problem.

hears a pic of it.
cehe2137.jpg

The one i have is only like 2oz so its not going to give you much more runtime.

whichever way you go, WE NEED PICS!! :goodpost:

Edit: I have a 500cc tank off a hyper one seven that I'm not using. The seal on the lid is bad, but that is a easy fix. LMK if you want to try it!

i would look into the aircraft tanks before i ran to tanks i have the 5in longer tvps and you will have lots of room.you are also gonna wanna look into 4 wheel sterrin it takes forever to turn these long chassis. i learned that the hard way lol.rbinovations makes the 4 wheel steer kit.

dude its awesome leave the poor dude along...dang the fuel tanks is a perfectly fine idea

isnt there a special way you have to fill the tanks if there are 2 in series? like fill one then the other?

I don't think it would be "special", but it would make most sense to fill the one closest to the carb first.

What is your purpose for this anyway? Just looking for longer run times?

its a cool setup but i want to run dual exaust out the back

Back