Dot 4 Brake Fluid Paint Strip

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyBooty

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
How long does it take for a 1/10 scale rc drift car body to strip from dot 4 brake fluid

? you tell us.I'm sure some 1 will chime in with a guesstimated timec.leanup after should be nice

How hard do you feel like rubbing it?

I decided to soak it and leave it overnight in my shed, does that sound good? Also what should I use to rub the old paint off that wouldnt damage the body.

I decided to soak it and leave it overnight in my shed, does that sound good? Also what should I use to rub the old paint off that wouldnt damage the body.
A sponge. Use the coarser side. It will also roughen up the body so the new paint will stick easier. You won’t be able to see the scratches after you paint it.

A sponge. Use the coarser side. It will also roughen up the body so the new paint will stick easier. You won’t be able to see the scratches after you paint it.
Smart Idea, thanks bro

I tried to strip some paint off my RTR body to get clear windows but brake fluid was frustratingly slow to work with.

Hobby shops sell paint stripper that doesn’t damage plastics. Tamiya makes that stuff among other brands. It worked a lot better for me. I used cotton pads to wipe the paint + stripper as it started to come off, didn’t want to scratch the windows.

I coated my body in dot4 brake fluid and left it in a foil pan overnight in my shed and all the paint came off perfectly clean, I just need to scrape it off later today

it all depends on the paint...

air brushed paint typically wipes away effortlessly within minutes

rattle can spray will take longer and require a lot more elbow grease

pre-printed silk screens will not come off using brake fluid, some people had had limited success using acetone to remove silk screen and that's way more effort than I would be willing to do.

I removed rattle can spray and it was more trouble than it was worth for me, I only buy new bodies going forward.