Dominator

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazey2

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all got me self a new truck the other day! Dominator .21

Not been run yet as the weather is lousy!

doma.jpg

domb.jpg

Lid off!
CVD'S all round,alloy diffs , steel gears including spur and alloy shock towers.
I'll let you know what they go like!

domc.jpg

The exhaust will probably be changed at a later date. And when the stock 4 port .21 had its day the 8 port or RB will take its place.

Last edited:
Congrats Chaze!!!!!

Those things are HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't wait to see one run. How much did that getup run you?

Action pics soon I hope. Mr. Camera'danger'man hehehehe

-Chris

Costs:

80% kit £315
Lynx 2 channel FM Tx and futaba coreless 9001 for throttle/brake futaba coreless 9303 for steering £90!

Smile factor price less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still got max and luv it,that's got one of the new proline steering kits to go on!

babytrax.jpg

What would that be in American??? any idea?

I picked up that ProLine kit as well for the T. I'm still in the process of rebuilding it top to bottom. Something to keep my mind working for the winter. can't wait to have it done. Was thinking about going with a .21 conversion kit by XTM but havent decided. I'm so happy with my Savage. Plus, if I convert the Maxx to a .21 I wont be able to run it at the track in races any more :(

-Chris

£405 = $650 according to tower converter!

Thought of going max .21 myself but it would a great deal more than the cost of the Dominator here in the UK.

Upgrading drive line, gearbox and diffs would cost me a lot more,whereas the Dominator has it all as standard.

And this way I've got the 2. :classic:

babytrax.jpg

Hey C better reasearch that XTM kit I have seen dudes damn near giving them things away used because they just arn't that good of qaulity. X

Chris,
X is right do some checking first ,although I've not heard any bad news of xtm over in the UK.

A mate has built up a JT hybrid max powered by an RB C5 its awesome. The chassis and other bits are top drawer.

babytrax.jpg

When can we see it in action?

...........................:confused:

Update: The Dominator's broken in 12 tanks through and now leaning for power.

God its fast!
Awesome bit of kit!

babytrax.jpg

Nice truck, never seen one go before, but I like that the exhaust points out and doesn't get nitro all over the damn chassis!

Chaz - post a pic of that thing side by side with a Maxx. Top, side and front view. Amazing the size of that beast!

I'll post the pics for you Chris when I've got the mill back in ,I broke the pull starter! New pull starter on its way.

I think you'll be amazed to see its not that much bigger than a max! I would say max 21 conversion sort of size. But I'll let you decide.

Chris or any others across the pond, can you point me to some sites that would have some good pictures of your national eagle.

I'm looking to have it tattoo'd but can't find the picture I'm looking for.

babytrax.jpg

Last edited:
Thanx Chris I think your favorite is the one I've been looking for!

babytrax.jpg

At last a picture with my max!

Dominator now has an rb 9886 exhaust,wow what a differance!

blues1.jpg

blues.jpg

bluesbro.jpg

Last edited:
Two very nice lookin' rides, Chazey. I like the look of the Dominator. Kind of narrow wheel base, how does it handle in turns? Looks like a high center of gravity with a narrow footprint; makes me think it wants to roll a lot.

Did that body come with the light rack or is that a separate piece? If separate, link to where one might find one.

Keep the pics coming.

Sky,
it seems very good in turns. The max has the proline kit on and stable max rims which make it quite wide.
I've got used to running the max like that and am suprized my self that I havn't rolled the Dominator more than the once I have.

The Dominator has anti roll bars front and rear (sway bars) so they help in that deparment.

The Dominator is a very fast durable truck that I would recomend to any one. Standard fitted with super tough driveline and alli diffs to take the 21 stress.
Also although the stock motor is very good (ofna 4 port) when that has seen better days drop in one of the racing motors ,ofna 8 port or rb and I think it'll be unstopable.

bluesbro.jpg
[

Sorry the light bar comes as part of the body. I've had a look but its not listed as spare in the parts list. Try Ofna and see if you can get it as a part.

bluesbro.jpg

Chaz

Thanks for the info on the light bar. Wasn't sure if it was a piece of the body or an add on. Will continue to look. Probably not in my best interest considering the amount of time I've spent on my lid...damn thing would probably get ripped off. I still think it looks cool.

Sky

I happen to have the xtm kit and think its the best bang for the buck. It is super rigid plus comes with everything you need to make your maxx a .21 except for upgrading the diffs and spending 40$ for the tranny gears. The only other thing you need is an engine. I have pics of my xtm chassis and stuff in my image gallery if you want to check it out.

Back