Do we have a doc in the house?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smurfola212

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, well today I was playin flag football, anyways I was runnin for this guy and I cut infront of him, grabbed his flag and his knee hit my calf (sp?) And my knee. I'm hoppin around, anyone kno what to do? Its swollen and it hurts like a beeyotch to walk around. Thx.

-Smurf

Ice. On for 15 minutes and then off for 15 minutes. Sounds like you're going to be bruised. Chances are that you didn't break anything. But if you can't put weight on it, best to go see a real doctor.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a medical doctor. But I am a Doctor of Audiology. I deal with hearing impairments and rehabilitation. But you asked for a doc. I'm as close as you're going to get here, I think...

You didn't hurt your ear, did you????

Thankfully no to the ear, But now I have a bruise the size of frockin texas. I've been icing it, no results, just temporary burnin.

Should I wrap my leg with one of those..uhhhhhhhhh........I forget what theyre called. But those medical bandages?

Originally posted by Smurfola212
Should I wrap my leg with one of those..uhhhhhhhhh........I forget what theyre called. But those medical bandages?
Do you mean a tensor bandage ? I'm not sure if that would help lots..I have to go see a doc tomorrow about my wrist..Its been really sore and it feels as if my muslces are tightning..You should go see the right kind of doctor for your knee man !!Hey did anything happen to the other kids leg ?

No, but I wish something did..:angry: DUDE, ur muscles tightened? So did mine! Holy shaz. What kinda doc are u goin to? My leg is TOTALLY screwed up right now. I hafta grab my leg and move it with my arms cuz my muscles arent much help right now, it feels so weird tho

Um doodz. What should I do, ice or heat? Its hurtin.

Last edited:
You can apply moist heat to the muscle (calf area). Should help some. Sounds like you should have someone look at it.

it's probably no big deal smurf but have it checked out by a real doc.

Yeah, My leg is swollen and i have a 7 inch bruise length wise, then 3 width. I'm like holy CRUD! I get to miss school cuz of this monster bruise. :w00t: But then..It hurts. Like......:x anyways, I'm preety sure it will be okay by tommorow, jus a lil bit sore..Hopefully!

Here, let's try a different approach.....

You got this playing football, right? A manly sport. So SUCK IT UP NANCY BOY!! DO YOU THINK WARREN SAPP WOULD LET A LITTLE BRUISE STOP HIM? NO!!! DO YOU THINK HE SITS IN THE LOCKER ROOM BELLYACHING ABOUT A BROKEN NAIL? NO!!!! SO GET UP, TAKE YOUR FREAKING SKIRT OFF AND GET OVER IT!!!!

So did that work?

You still may need to see a doctor....

LOL. Candyman, you crack me up. lol I finished 5 more plays, and blocked the other team when our team was makin a TD. Anyways, after it, I was benched cuz my coach didnt want me screwin up my leg anymore. LOL I wanted to go to school today, Have 2 tests but my parents said no

Well lets see here it has been a day since your injury you should be alternating between moist heat and an ice wrap. do about 2 hours of each, then 1 hour of nothing on it. tomorrow night go ahead and stop the ice. As for the bruise nothing u can do. but the ice will help the swelling and the heat will help loosen you up. take an asprin. Keep the ice on there if it is still swollen, but the swelling usually goes down quicker than the pain, unless you caused serious trauma to the muscle. (ripping/ over stretching [in your case the impact of the other person with his keen could have not only stretched the muscle, but ripped it because he smashed it upon you tib/fib.]) try and stay off of it as much as possible elevate to comfort. Any other question please post

James
Licensed EMT, Medical Student w/ a minor in Nursing.

Zoomer's Med Student status certainly trumps my Audiology career. I'd listen to him. GET IT? LISTEN? HAAAA...It's Audiology humor!

Anyway, I hope your leg feels better...

Ya i went to the doc and i messed up my tendon..I have to wear a wrist brace for a little while then i'll be as good as new !:)

Wow, Zoomy nice info there. My swelling has gone down, and I have it elevated. I can walk on it but i get sharp pains, anyways thx for all the info everyone, and nice joke there candyman. :bow:

-Smurf

Good To hear that your allright.Hope you'll be up and walking around with out having large pains.:preachin:

So Candyman, about this intermittent ringing in my ears.... :)

LOL, thanks for the getwell posts guys.

Back