Difference between staduim trucks and buggies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funwheels1

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey,
I'm looking to either get a gs storm rtr or my cuzins rc10gt that has been maxed out and he raced it. ANyways, whats the big difference? Is one a better jumper? Is one 2 wheel drive instead of 4 wheel drive? The seem pretty much the same IMO other than the fact that ones a stadium truck and one is a buggy.

Drew

Well personally i think 1/8 buggies are the cream of the crop when it comes to offroad rc.. The power, handling, and the abuse they can take.. i have both a 1/8 buggy (mbx5)and a 1/10 scale stadium (xxx-nt) and hands down the buggy is more a blast, faster, more stable.. and rips up the lawn alot better lol..

1/8 buggies are 4-wheel drive, 1/10 stadium trucks are 2-wheel (rear wheel)

Last edited:
So what are the differences between a 1/10 stadium and a 1/10 buggy? Like the T4 and B4...

get the GS storm, much more durable than an st!

gs storm, much more durable and lots faster

The difference? Well:
4WD verses 2WD
Lower verses higher suspension
1/8 scale verses 1/10 scale
.21 verses .12 - .15 engine
Quite different handling charcateristics
Completely different wheels and tires
Buggies generally need much more room to show full potential

well you could spend roughly $300 for a bottom of the line 1/8 rtr or the same for the top of the line 1/10. Also you are lookin at a lot more maintenence on a 1/8. There are much more moving parts you have to deal w/ on a 4wd 1/8 than on a 2wd 1/10.If you have no experience in nitro rc, I would recommend a 2wd stadium truck like a xxx-nt or rc10gt. Both are capable of out of the box to win races!

Back