DeLa Hoya vs. Mosley

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big kal

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Did anyone see the fight DeLa Hoya vs. Mosley on Saturday? I watched the whole fight and was cheering for Mosley to win. When the decision came Mosley won. The decision was a joke though. From the fight I saw De la Hoya should of clearly won the fight. The first 8 rounds Mosley would basically just stand there and not do anything. He didn't actually come alive until the 9-12 rounds. Either boxing is totally corrupt or the judges were blind.

Originally posted by big kal
Either boxing is totally corrupt or the judges were blind.

Can you say "Don King"?

We are talking HUGE $$$$$
Its all about the rematch these days. From what I understand, Boxing has a lack of Big Money Players at this point and the only way for these guys to pull in the $$ to feed the machine is to keep the $$ fighters active. Take a look at the past 5-6 big fights that have gone to the cards.

Can you say Dela beat the F'up!!! Now I bet you it will be Vargas and Mosley.

Yeah, Dela Hoya had a nice looking cherry under his right eye. But for the judges to score the fight 7 rounds to 5 I mean come on. I wonder what fight they were waching.

All I'm really going to say about this fight was it was a good looking fight, that was totally ruined by the call of the judges...the worst I've seen yet.

-Michael

amen to that woodie. i was completely shocked. mosely was getting his arse owned most for most of the fight. he picked it up near the end but it wasn't enough. he was going for a knockout the whole time unlike delahoya.
did you see the punch stats at the end of the fight?! delahoya freaking threw like 200 more punches than mosely and landed a hell of a lot more too. i think moseley landed like 20 jabs the whole fight and delahoya landed well over 100.
i dont know what the hell was going on there but it definetely wasn't right.

You could even hear Mosley's corner tell him in the 12th round that he needs to knock Dela Hoya down to win. Did you see the surprised look on Mosley's face when they announced he won by unanimous decision. I mean come on. If Mosley was surprised, what happened with the judges?