CRC T-fource 3.2r Team Red Edition

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diver6127

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, Santa came early and gave me a new 1/12. It's the Callandra Racing Concepts T-Fource 3.2r Team Red Edition. It's a fairly easy kit but the instructions aren't that great. Granted it's only a few pages long but orientation of parts and more precise instructions are non exhistant. I have the older T-fource and that helped me get it to the present status (roller).

The red screws are of a very soft aluminum and are easy to strip. WHICH I did a few times. I will eventually get rid of them and replace with stainless screws.

Almost every chassis part is carbon fiber so a lot of sanding and sealing with CA needs to be done for the prep work. The rear bulkheads are the lowered aluminum pods which was an upgrade in the past. It might still be for the non team kits. The front steering assembly is carbon plastic and of great quality. I may do away with the servo mount and just shoe goo it directly to the chassis. It's what I have always done it before and it gives a more solid mount to the chassis. I will try it as the kit instructs just to compare.

I forgot to add that the foam tires are not at the diameter I will be racing with. They still need to be trued down. They are still at the original size in the pictures.

As I said, it was a fairly easy build, just a bit confusing at first trying to get the part orientation correct. As of now, it's at a roller status. Tomorrow, it will be complete. Here are the pics ...

Steering Assembly
tfource002.gif

tfource011.gif

tfource012.gif

Rear bulkhead with "T plate"
tfource003.gif

Rear assembly installed on chassis
tfource004.gif

tfource009.gif

Tweak plate and suspension bar
tfource005.gif

Shock assembly and dampener tubes installed
tfource006.gif

tfource013.gif

tfource007.gif

tfource010.gif

Last edited:
WOW thats nice...... better give it some good use at the track...

Racing is all I do. She'll get a good "break in" this weekend.

very very nice...... wheres the body? i know u painted up sometin nice for it lol

no body YET. It's in the works ....

Well, after getting off my butt and stop being lazy, I started to finish the CRC T-fource kit. I added the Novak GT7 esc, Spektrum DSM receiver, Spektrum capacitor, Futaba 9602 servo. I didn't mount the motor since I decided to leave it out for now, the same goes for the battery packs.

While comparing the old to the new, I saw where the two differ ...

Left is the old 3.1 T-fource (non team kit) Rightis the 3.2r Team Red kit
tfource017.gif
tfource018.gif

Just by looking at the chassis, the new kit is stiffer due to less cut outs in the chassis. It is also a bit thicker.

Rear suspension comparrisons
tfource019.gif

Not much difference except for the lowering bulkheads and CF t-plate instead of fiberglass.

Front suspension
tfource020.gif

Definitely a big difference. The old version has no adjustability in camber and caster was set in the one piece blocks. The new version has all adjustability and the springs are below/outside the steering assembly. This makes spring removal easier. The old version has it pinched inside the steering assembly. Much harder to change springs.

New version
tfource012.gif

Old version
tfource.gif

I forgot to mention that I decided to just shoegoo the servo down. I tried mounting the servo in the provided mounting hardware but found that the brackets allow shifting. The shoegoo method allows a solid connection. It also allows for a more aggressive angle for turning since there are no provisions for ackerman adjustments.

And here she is all done, minus body,motor and battery packs ...
tfource023.gif

tfource022.gif

tfource021.gif

tfource024.gif

WOW talk about alot of change's..... looks like they inproved BIG time with the new kit. looks great man. have fun with it...

Diver your as sick as I am !congrats :cheers:
Sweet ride

Thanks Zandor. BTW, is it possible to be as sick as you? Maybe I come close but I can't dethrone the big dawg.

i have the carpet knife 3.2R with better electronic goodies. diver got this car as a x-mas gift. let's just hope he can tune this car in time during this sunday's club race. he's has some serious battery packs and motors for this car. i think i will let him be a guinea pig for a new brush setup i have been itching to try while i play with my xray.

Back