Crazy Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scavind

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Like I was just thinking about what it would be like to own a hpi baja 5b...then i started thinking about mts...so then i though would it be possible to pu imex jumbo kongs on a hpi baja 5b...if it was possible and how it would look...what do you guys think about that...:whhooo:

would look funny as hell. like cartoon tires imo.

you could do it by modding the kongs onto baja rims, or buying an adapter to use 17mm hexes and install them that way, but i think it wouldnt be very good looking or handleing.

I think it would look awful. I don't think they look very good on a monster truck, but I think they would look worse on a buggy. The baja has big rims with short sidewalls. This drastically improves handling over a similar tire that would have a taller sidewall. Balloon tires like that would absolutely kill the handling, I think it would be about like trying to drive a wet marshmallow in an F1 race.

If you're wanting to know what it's like to own a baja, its awesome. There's not a small scale truck on the market that's more durable, or more powerful. The handling is very realistic to full scale buggies, and they can take a beating like nothing else. I've been bashing mine since I got it in March, and I've had to replace one plastic rod end on the shock and it was in a $4 parts tree. You just go outside, pull twice and it's cranked, and you run the hell out of it. There's no tuning with it like a nitro, and it will run for almost an hour on a tank of fuel, and a whole gallon of gas costs $4. When you're done, you just push the button and shut it down (it has a kill switch). There's no after run oil or anything like that to worry about. The gas doesn't go bad like nitro, so you can just leave it in the tank, go out and give it a few shakes the next day, turn on the receiver and transmitter, and go back to bashing.

Wow sounds fun...Lucky...i can't get one cause I'm only 13 and have a 13 year olds budget...i think it may look in a way...I know it wont handle well...
thats a no brainer...

Back