Couple questions about Aftershock/LST2 and bashing.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nubster

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I looked on the net but couldn't find what I was looking for. What is the different between the Aftershock and LST2? What is needed to turn the Aftershock in to an LST2? I read through the bashing threads here but most were several years old and it seemed that the LST2 had some bashing issues. Have these been addressed in the newer models or at least is there after market support that will allow for the weaker parts to be replaced to make the rig more viable for bashing? Sorry if I am beating the dead horse here.:deadhorse

Last edited:
the aftershock is a lst and you can get the upgrade kit for around 130.00 to bring it up to the lst2 spec.also the lst2 has the mach 427 engine and reverse.i have the aftershock and put the upgrade kit on it and lots of other upgrades like exhaust,rpm arms,roll cage,sway bars and other stuff also i got the lrp spec 3 engine.i love my aftershock it is a fun ride with the lrp engine. it will wheelie on command and lots of power

I bought the aftershock due to not needing some of the things the LST2 came with. Then I upgraded it to handle what I put the poor thing through. Bought it last april and it's still my favorite most prized rig.

Depending on what you want to do with it will help you decide if the LST2 is what you want. Considering the AS is $280 cheaper, you need to figure out what you want to do.

For me, I spent the $280 on upgrades anyway... but I didn't need the nicer radio, i didn't want the hi/low trans or reverse. I also didn't want the larger hex wheels. I have 6-8 full sets of 14mm hex wheels/tires...

For bashing:
The LST2 needs a few upgrades as well. Lunsford turnbuckles (2 for truck, 4 for RPM arms) , RPM arms, roll bar, milled engine brace.

The aftershock needs LST1-2 two speed assembly, LST1-2 aluminum bodied shocks, RPM arms, milled engine brace, roll bar, lunsford turnbuckles (4 for truck, 4 for RPM arms).

Those short lists are what I'd recommend for either rig.

I have looked around and I honestly still don't really know what the difference is between the three. As far as what I am doing, well, bashing....no racing so toughness is going to be way more important than speed, though fast IS fun. I know that the LST2 has the best motor but again, not worried about speed. As far as the radio, sure, I would like to have a nice radio set up but honestly I doubt I will ever own more than one RC at a time. Don't think I would need a high/low tranny and I prefer FOC so reverse is not a need or want. I also don't mind starting at the bottom and upgrading to the top. Maybe an aftershock is what I should be looking at?

Yeah... it's what I did and I don't feel that I made the wrong choice.

The AS stock engine isn't bad. Kept up fine with my buddies and the mach 427's. The stock pipe sucks as does the two speed, but both can be remedied in the future.

The radio that comes with the AS is AM, but I believe it supports 2 models in it. I already have a 3 channel FM, so I sold the radio that came with mine for $50.

The Aftershock is lowest of the three. The LST upgrade kit is about 100 bucks at A-Main, you have to check out to see the price..

It does not have the same alluminum bodies shocks, the Arms are not as beefy as the LST2 and the Axles are NOT standard hex . The 3port engine is not as powerful as the Mach 427 or Mach 26 but with gearing it can be made to work harder. The Tuned pipe is junk I woulld replace that FIRST. If you bash keep the reverse but if you want to get the most out of the 3 port, go FOC. Of course the said upgrades from others: Lunsford TB's, Stronger steering servos andUse Silicone Diff fluid to tune the front and rear diffs. Let us know what you do.

Thanks
Jonathan

Last edited:
I have broken most every part on my lst2 do to driver error but have never tweaked a hinge pin, I'd save the money and get the LST2 pipe which is MUCH better

Back