Cool RC Body Painting Videos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it is a really cool technique. He mentions something to the effect that the paint job is a trend. First I have seen of it though, but I love it. I would really love to see a Spiderman theme done in this style. Or how about a Batman theme with the big action balloons. And it would be easy to paste a comic book page on the outside to trace the design onto the inside of the body with paint. @bozo I have a challenge for ya bro 😉

Or maybe that's not tough enough for you.

Last edited:
Yeah it is. That Lumilor paint has actually been done on a couple RC cars, but the only place I ever saw them was on their Facebook page.

This is my favorite paintjob done with it.

Last edited:
I don't care for the paintjob in this, but the effect this technique creates is really cool.

I'm actually in the middle of a few of these types.
The Ryft body panels I did were sprayed gun metal, then I dabbed tin foil wadded up into the fresh paint to give it a marbled effect. Then sprayed with bright gun metal and repeated. I did 5 layers like this (3 gun metal, 2 bright), then backed with bright.
20220319_172001.jpg

20220319_204253.jpg

I love little paint tricks like this, so share em if ya got em.

Very cool technique and I agree, the color doesn't float my boat.
But, definitely can picture a black widow theme with red and black.

I like the trippyness of these colors. Traxxas bandit and probably my stampede.

I like the trippyness of these colors. Traxxas bandit and probably my stampede.

Very cool. We did something similar in art class with crayons. Used a scraper to scrape the black crayon off.

Very cool. We did something similar in art class with crayons. Used a scraper to scrape the black crayon off.
Did the same thing. She said it sealed it and glossed it. I didn't notice.