converting a slash to a mid motor rusty.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke66

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
as the title says, i'm literally right in the middle of converting a slash to a mid motor rusty. i have parts strewn about my entire shop.
IMG_0320.JPG

AND its like 90 degrees out. i have no A.C. this is the most strenuous build I've EVER done.

i have the front part of my slash on the rusty chassis. i have to saw off part of the tranny to get it to fit on.
this is nuts.

Edit: this isnt the build thread, just giving yall a heads up!

1. Cool build
2. Not so cool as its in a hot garage. Or in the house, not sure.
I'm grateful I have my little shop in my basement. Always stays cool, lots of light (in the back, not so much in the front)

as the title says, i'm literally right in the middle of converting a slash to a mid motor rusty. i have parts strewn about my entire shop.View attachment 170527
AND its like 90 degrees out. i have no A.C. this is the most strenuous build I've EVER done.

i have the front part of my slash on the rusty chassis. i have to saw off part of the tranny to get it to fit on.
this is nuts.

Edit: this isnt the build thread, just giving yall a heads up!
Why don't you Dremel the battery compartment, turn the tranny around and reboot.

As for heat, open the second window for a cross breeze and add a fan.😎

this might be how it stays for a while now. its getting later and i need the upper chassis plate to go on. i might get the tranny mounted tonight. well have to see

Fun project Luke, I hope you succeed.
I have a ton of parts in boxes that I can slap together and build something.

maybe I should convert my slash to mid motor. Maybe it will handle better on the track? Since most comp 2wd scts are mid motor just like the modern 2wd buggies

idk if its gonna help handling that much. well have to see. i think mid motor would make it a little less drifty, cause the weight is all infront of the tires. i mostly did my conversion for the lcg. and so far I've only spent 10$. really couldn't pass it up.

here we are right now:
IMG_0325.JPG

gonna put in the motor today. I'm not going to post about this car again for a while, due to the fact i need more parts to finish. keep a look out for my build thread.

Way back in the long long ago, I did a similar build. How did you, if you did, compensate for the slope the tranny sits on which is then reversed when you flip the tranny around?

SDC12064.JPG
SDC12063.JPG
SDC12062.JPG

Back