Clutch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just wondering what is the best clutch and/or clutch springs to use? I have a stock Savage X F4.6. Any suggestions?

I have the same one, and picked up a set of carbon shoes for a back up. I asked the same question a while back, and it seems that the stock setup is about the best for general use.
That doesn't surprise me. There's not much that ever needs to be upgraded in a Savage.

I would agree about the stock ones, they do work pretty good, however when I took them off, 2 of the springs flew off and I can't find them. They are somewhere in my basement, so since I need to get new ones, I want to see if there is different spring that would improve perfomrance?? Most of the parts I order from Tower, but lately there shipping sucks. They are in Illinois, and I live in Wisconsin. It still takes a week and a half to get my order. One time I order from a place in California, and I got it within 3 days, but I can't remember the name of the place. I hate playing the waiting game, any suggestions on a good site to order from??

I think I paid Tower an extra $14.95 (If I'm correct) to be on their preferred members list. Any order above 150 is shipped free, and any package, regardless of price has rush priority labels on it and arrives usually in 4 days. You also get additional perks and coupons.
As far as springs, it's a matter of tension and whether they engage with more or less RPM.