Cleaning a motor?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Can I spray Denatured Alcohol in the motor to clean it? I have a Micro BB 300 that you can't take apart.

Cleaning he BB300

humboldtblazer

Denatured alcohol is just fine.
I always use an aerosol cleaner that is nothing more than denatured alcohol "on tap"
Remember to re-oil the bushings with a decent lightweight oil once the alcohol has dried/evaporated.

Have fun :)

Thank you Mondo! You are always helping me with my Micro in a bind. I appreciate it. I just bought some of the new LeMans bodies for my Micro. I got the Porshe one and the Toyota one. Can't wait to paint. What do you think about the front ball diff by Golden Horizon? Also My belt always rubs on my batter pack and I have a heck of a time adjusting it to not rub. I am using the Dynamite 1100mah 7.2V pack. I can put the pack to hang of the opposite side of the belt but that greatly effects the weight distribution and hinders turning.

Micro stuff

humboldtblazer

The GH front ball-diffs are great, I use them on two of my three Micros.
One uses the "older" GH ball-diff and the second uses the adjustable GH ball-diff II.
The GH front diffs take their sweet time running in, it takes lots of mileage before they smooth themselves out.

On the rear diff side, stick with the HPI and fit a Losi Thrust Bearing: Losi Part #3098 in place of the bearing in the rear right/diff side wheel. This makes the rear diff a lot more adjustable and improves the rear end behaviour by losing that pain in the ass problem of always re-adjusting the rear diff..

Regarding the battery rubbing the belt, raise the battery pack a little by using an extra layer of double sided tape. I don't suffer from this symptom, as I use battery mounting plates for my (Penguin P3500 Series) chassis.
If you're using Velcro, the same applies, stick some double sided tape between the pack and Velcro.

Here's a pic showing my battery mount with Velcro, it should give you a rough idea on just how much clearance is needed

Attachments

• micro belt.jpg
    micro belt.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 149
Once again you da man. You really are a wealth of knowledge and I am glad you joined this site. What was your forum again? I should check it out.

Microsites

humboldtblazer

My pleasure. The Micro RS4 is one RC car (I believe) I know inside out and upside down..
Let me know if the suggestions I made helped fix the issues.

One of the sites I look after is YourMicro
We are doing a server and hosting company change, so it will still be down for a little while.

Deffinitely let me know when the site is back up. I have a load of new parts comming for the Micro today and tomorrow so by end I week I should have my results. You explanations are great and the pictures are a big help so I am sure it will work.