CJ's Ultimate X-Maxx 8s "Blue Maxxine" Build Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJSRCLIFE

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi there everyone, How's it going? Here i have a new build thread for my X-Maxx 8s that used to be this truck here this is so you can get caught up with this truck up until this point https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/my-traxxas-x-maxx-8s-build-thread.139627/ As you may know if you saw and read the original build thread as this truck used to be a Red truck from the factory but just today i converted to a Blue truck i've always loved Blue aluminum on my Traxxas cars and trucks. I finally had enough money and did it ordered all the parts last week and they came in today and i put the whole truck back together. Before then i had thought of selling this truck to help save up for a Losi 5ive-T 2.0 but i chose not to instead i decided to start building this truck to become my Ultimate Traxxas X-Maxx 8s "Blue Maxxine" it will be close to an X-Maxx Ultimate when it's done but won't be a full X-Maxx Ultimate. If that makes sense to anyone here i already did a few mods like put a G1 Hobbywing Max 6 ESC, a radiolink r8fg receiver, stock updated X-Maxx front uprights with RPM oversized inner bearings, RPM rear oversized bearing carriers and Pro-Line Pro-Loc wheels with Badlands MX43 tires for my current mods.

Here's some photos of the initial build process which took me almost 4 hours. She's still running the same body off the old setup she had but will be getting a Rock n Roll or Ultimate edition stock Traxxas body to complete her refresh.
20240514_171429.jpg

20240514_123449.jpg

20240514_141251.jpg

20240514_154749.jpg

As i said she's for now running a Hobbywing Max 6 G1 but still has her stock 1,275kv motor, stock servo and a Radiolink radio system. I haven't yet decided if she'll forever run the gen 1 Max 6 and the stock motor or if eventually i might put in a G2 Max 6\5690SD 1,250kv sensored combo let me know what i should do long term. She also might get a servo upgrade i'll get a 2085R servo for gearing she's still running the Arrma Safe-D5 16 tooth Mod 1 pinion with an Amazon 54 tooth steel spur which is a hot racing knock off. For future upgrades i might put a couple aluminum parts on her like the new Traxxas aluminum spur shaft cover as well as front and rear aluminum diff covers all in blue of course. Hope you all enjoyed reading this new build thread of mine i've waited months for this to happen and glad you're all here for the journey.

What's up everyone? Today was the first run of my freshly rebuilt X-Maxx 8s which i now call "Blue Maxxine" My Ultimate X-Maxx. It ran great after a radio swap to my Futaba T4PM since my RC8X is now bricked thanks to a firmware update or something else i'm not sure. But other than that she ran awesome with all my updates and upgrades although i had the front hinge pins nearly fall out cause i either forgot to put in the retaining screws or they backed out and got lost but after that no real problems or breakages.
20240515_150208.jpg

Here's my girl in my front yard in front of the tree after my run today.

Here's some patio pictures i got inspired by Jason Perrin on YouTube since i love his patio pics at the end of some of his videos.
20240515_135634.jpg
20240515_135510.jpg

That's all for now, leave any future upgrade suggestions or thoughts of my build in the comments section. Bye.

Maxxine is lookin' pretty sexy! 😍
She sure is in her current state with all that new Blue aluminum i blew most of my money on this month and i have much more of it coming soon. Next will be a new body either Rock n roll or Ultimate themed stock body with a blue roof skid and i might also order the new Traxxas X-Truck stand for her and my other rigs. Although things might slow down in July since i plan to start saving for my dream truck a Losi 5ive-T 2.0 i'll be calling Liko after the new Pokegirl from the new Pokemon anime.

Awesome truck. The Xmaxx is a beast and so much fun to ride.
I want to get my out so she can stretch her legs one of these days.

Awesome truck. The Xmaxx is a beast and so much fun to ride.
I want to get my out so she can stretch her legs one of these days.
Now that i finally got another full run in with her falling apart since last time the screws stripped out of the front bulkhead and chipped the front diff gears but i also found more problems after gut the old truck to bone and rebuilt her after i committed to keep her in my life. But i'm now glad i decided to keep her since she's now awesome and now that i know how awesome a reliable X-Maxx can be she's staying for eternity or until Traxxas stops making parts for them.

Now that i finally got another full run in with her falling apart since last time the screws stripped out of the front bulkhead and chipped the front diff gears but i also found more problems after gut the old truck to bone and rebuilt her after i committed to keep her in my life. But i'm now glad i decided to keep her since she's now awesome and now that i know how awesome a reliable X-Maxx can be she's staying for eternity or until Traxxas stops making parts for them.
I don't know if you have purchased from Jenny's RC or not but it's a great place to buy parts and they are cheaper than a supplier.
Check them out if you haven't already.
I don't take my rigs out anymore because I'm really suffering with my health but I'll squeeze them in on one of my good days.
It's a great looking rig @CJSRCLIFE , I enjoy following your build. Keep up the good work. :thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:
You should click on your name at the top right and get yourself Build Thread Contributor ribbon, then when we click on
the ribbon it will take us to your build thread. It a great way to keep up with everybody's build.

Last edited:
I don't know if you have purchased from Jenny's RC or not but it's a great place to buy parts and they are cheaper than a supplier.
Check them out if you haven't already.
I don't take my rigs out anymore because I'm really suffering with my health but I'll squeeze them in on one of my good days.
It's a great looking rig @CJSRCLIFE , I enjoy following your build. Keep up the good work. :thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:
I looked into Jenny's before but i bought the shocks from a guy who strips new RTR's and sells their parts separately but everything else i got was from Amain i also got a 20th anniversary Amain T-Shirt with my order from them since it was over $150 USD. BTW i'll be wearing my new shirt tomorrow when i go to my grandparents i might get a selfie if i get the chance to show everyone here.

Yeah I knew Jenny's does that but I'm ok with it. I bought most of my parts for my Xmaxx build and my Erevo build.

Cool, One question is your E-Revo a gen 1 or 2 brushless? I'm interest now that you mentioned you had one i don't see them around anymore since silly Traxxas discontinued them and moved on to the Sludge. Sorry that's just how i feel towards the Sledge and watching JP's videos of them.

I built my Erevo part by part from the ground up, same as my Xmaxx. Honestly I have no clue what version it would be.
She is a absolute screamer on 4s.
I build all of mine part by part. I do have a Stampede 2wd which is a RTR and my 4x4 is a kit. I've built two of them.
Two of my 1/24 crawler were RTR but are far from stock and three of my 1/24s I built with another one on the bench being built.
I have 19 rigs so half the time I forget what I have. :D

Last edited:
I built my Erevo part by part from the ground up, same as my Xmaxx. Honestly I have no clue what version it would be.
She is a absolute screamer on 4s.
I build all of mine part by part. I do have a Stampede 2wd which is a RTR and my 4x4 is a kit. I've built two of them.
Two of my 1/24 crawler were RTR but are far from stock and three of my 1/24s I built with another one on the bench being built.
I have 19 rigs so half the time I forget what I have. :D
Sorry for the late reply just watching some of Jason Perrin's videos on yt, And wow 19 rigs is a lot i currently have 7 rigs i sold and traded a lot of past rigs but i have now stopped selling as much and i plan to keep all of mine for the foreseeable future and with every new one i add to my collection. I got most of my cars as RTR's but i did buy my baby Serena the XO-1 and my Slashie 4x4 Ultimate as rollers i also had a couple of kits in my time a Slash 2wd and a 22T 4.0 .

That's a nice looking rig. The Xmaxx is a great platform. Plenty of upgrade parts.

I've had the same issue you mentioned with your front control arm pin retainers. There's not much plastic for them to screw into. I put a drop of super glue on the threads and it seems to work well.

That's a nice looking rig. The Xmaxx is a great platform. Plenty of upgrade parts.

I've had the same issue you mentioned with your front control arm pin retainers. There's not much plastic for them to screw into. I put a drop of super glue on the threads and it seems to work well.
It actually turned out i forgot to put the retaining screws into the front arms when i first put Maxxine back together. I also don't know about super gluing the screws in it sounds like it would be permanent i do plan to change all the A Arms to the Blue HD ones Traxxas sells someday. I also mentioned in my after run post my RC8X became bricked after a firmware update and i had to start using my Futaba 4PM again.

The super glue does hold well but not permanent. I just removed mine on the front last night. It took some effort but with a few hammer taps, they came out pretty easy.

Last edited:
The super glue dors hold well but not permanent. I just removed mine on the front last night. It took some effort but with a few hammer taps, the came out pretty easy.
That's good to know, After i put screws in the Arms and i was able to finish my run with no further issues i also noticed i had a chunk missing on one of the Arms so i think someday i'll order new a arms for Maxxine. But first i plan to get a new body for her.

Well done and it looks great! :thumbs-up:
Thank you so much i spent almost 4 hours rebuilding her a couple days ago and spent yesterday running her. i'm now in love with her now and won't sell her for anything although when her original form failed last run i was ready to give up and put her up for sale and even had her previous owner message me and he wanted to buy her back. But i'm now glad i chose to keep her and rebuild her i hope to keep working on her while i'm saving up for my next big girl a 5ive-T.

What's up everyone? Today was the first run of my freshly rebuilt X-Maxx 8s which i now call "Blue Maxxine" My Ultimate X-Maxx. It ran great after a radio swap to my Futaba T4PM since my RC8X is now bricked thanks to a firmware update or something else i'm not sure. But other than that she ran awesome with all my updates and upgrades although i had the front hinge pins nearly fall out cause i either forgot to put in the retaining screws or they backed out and got lost but after that no real problems or breakages.
View attachment 190048
Here's my girl in my front yard in front of the tree after my run today.

Here's some patio pictures i got inspired by Jason Perrin on YouTube since i love his patio pics at the end of some of his videos.
View attachment 190049View attachment 190050
That's all for now, leave any future upgrade suggestions or thoughts of my build in the comments section. Bye.
Bricks need to be trued up. 😁 Xmaxx looks great. Somedays I want one. Maybe one day.

Bricks need to be trued up. 😁 Xmaxx looks great. Somedays I want one. Maybe one day.
I'm not sure how easy it will be to fix my RC8X but for now i will be using my trusty Futaba 4PM until i can get my RC8X fixed or just get a Spektrum DX6C or DX5 Pro. Thanks for the kind words about my truck, Yeah they're a fun truck just don't get a used and abused one like what mine started out as just get a brand new one it's $1,100 USD but it's got the new Sledgehammer belted tires although you'll have to deal with Traxxas' rubbish electronics like the ESC, Servo and radio but the motor is okay in my book.

Back