cheepo batteries?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rag6

Wow thats cheap. Do you know how those compare to something like a Reedy 5000 20c or a SMC 5200 20c.
Thats what I have and the are about the same as each other on a 17.5 & 13.5. If this will give the same punch & speed in a race that would be awsome.

Anyone have a simular more expensive or main stream pack to compare this to on a stock motor?

^^^ z-fire, I missed your post. I have a SPC soft 5000 20c lipo (highly regarded among the gurus on the Traxxas forums that I payed about $53 shipped for. I cannot tell the difference bashing though I do not race. Run times are about equal and the batts take about the same mah on the charger after hitting lvc. My street Bandit has the same grunt and pulls the same. If you buy just one, the shipping from china (don't get the cheapest shipping!) brings the Hobby City pack within $10-15 of the spc. Either buy a few or get someone to share an order with to get the most value out of the purchase.

Update on my Turnigy battery packs http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10098 still going strong and they TAKE A FULL CHARGE every time, I also bought the turnigy 33.30 lipo charger as well and gave up my duratrax one, I seen the turnigy one and it can charge the batteries 2 times as fast as the duratrax, I have 2 more of the 5000 packs on the way... these are great.. you can also get the soft cases right now for only 19.00... just because you pay for "name brand" does not mean they are also ways better...;)

i'm a bit anxious about the soft pack lipos, are they safe for bashing? or am i being too worried? currently only running hardcase 2s but wanna go up to 3s soft.

i'm a bit anxious about the soft pack lipos, are they safe for bashing? or am i being too worried? currently only running hardcase 2s but wanna go up to 3s soft.

Haven't really heard of anyone having problems w/ soft case Lipos, I own 5 soft case and 1 hard case both 3s and 2s. I would just make sure that you use foam to shim them into the battery compartment so they don't move around.

A good friend of mine uses these Soft cases in his slash without any issues.His dad uses the same batteries in his losi strike and they also fit, but they do not fit in the SC10 unless you grind away the chassis abit..we also have tried them in the HPi blitz and they fit perfectly without any problems, they just are really tight fit in the sc10..

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...Product_Name=Turnigy_5000mAh_2S_30C_Lipo_Pack

T5000-2-30.jpg

where's a good place to get a 5000mh 7-cell NiMH? I'm still using the stop titan and esc that came with the slash.