Car lost connection with remote and went crazy...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomyknoker

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys... I was running my car today and it lost connection with the remote and went absolutely crazy, speed out of control and crashed into a bush –*any ideas what could have caused this? I charged the receiver batteries on the car and the remote has full charge...

Also is there anything you can do to stop this happening at all or is it just a risk of these cars?

My 2.4 GHZ, DSM-2C from Redcat has a failsafe built in that works quite well!

---------- Post added at 4:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:54 PM ----------

also a fail safe will help in those situations

^+99999999999999999

Almost every 2.4 GHz radio system has a fail-safe built. If you're using an older radio (AM or FM), you really need an external fail-safe.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Hi guys it's this, 'Spektrum DX3S 2.4GHz DSM' so I'm assuming it has a fail-safe... does it mean it's not setup correctly? The car I am running is a Losi 8IGHT T 2.0 RTR...

Turn on ur trans and receiver, then turn off ur transmitter, what position did ur throttle go in to?

Hi guys it's this, 'Spektrum DX3S 2.4GHz DSM' so I'm assuming it has a fail-safe... does it mean it's not setup correctly? The car I am running is a Losi 8IGHT T 2.0 RTR...
Man that really sucks but that is the reason I don't use Spektrum. I have seen too many run-aways with them. Now if the receiver in the car lost power there is nothing that a failsafe (internal or external) can do. I had a bettery pack that did that to me. Had a bad connection internal and with around 15 min of running it would break contact and away it would go. Shut it down and it would work. I though it was mt receiver. I sent it to Futaba and they even replaced it. I get it back SAME thing....then I figured it out. I felt pretty dumb. :(

Just think positive, it hit a bush and not a concrete wall. Good luck on discovering the problem. Oh, also could it possibly be a mechanical failure such as servo stuck in the open/full throttle position?

A throttle return spring is also good insurance as well.

You can buy things called fail safes, this prevents the car from doing this :)

BARRYBOY96

crashed into a bush? my son likes to hit posts. i would trade any time.