can't imagine these are all that sought after...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monteman

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
But does anyone have one of these guys?
e1da208a.jpg

Parents bought me this for my birthday, curious to know how moddable they are if at all, and if anyone had sucessfully converted to dual battery or Nimh.
They have an odd 4 wire connector on the stock 12v 10cell Nicd battery stick.
Would love to drop a couple 5000mah nimh's in this thing, now that i have a couple sitting around after trading off my Sc10 :)

Well the mini erevo is made for 2 battery operation, all you need is a parallel lead and 2x 2s or 3s, and the middle one is a Revo too, but looks like a nitro. As for that big ass onroad, I have no idea what that is, but batteries are a piece of cake.
If you have room to mount them then changing sizes and powering configurations is easy.
Perhaps a body off pic so we can see what we're all looking at.

hehe yeah i posted the wrong pic and didn't notice, its the big Dale Jr car I'm wondering about. More than enough room to mount them, I'm just wondering if i should change the entire electronics setup over to something more conventional. right now it looks to be a circuit board that controls everything.

The middle one is a Slayer with Revo arms.

Get us a shot of the chassis layout on that huge on-road!

Last edited:
Like i said its not anything crazy special, surely it wouldnt stand up to a BL setup. :lol:

4d21c168.jpg

5c9dcd1e.jpg

the battery from hell
39647cf6.jpg

Weird... I'd cut the heatshrink off of it and see what's going on in there.

Be careful... that big silver thing looks hot!

Looks like the tires are plastic? Would make a cool drifter!

"Parents just don't understand..." -- Fresh Prince of Bel Air

tires are actually rubber, but very stiff on the sidewall. dont know what the hell kind of glue they used to mount them though. looks terrible, i hate mounting tires and i know i could do a better job than that lol.
I will probably chop the heatshrink off and see how they are wired up after i try it once lol.

I wonder if that battery is wired for 2x5cells. The 2 red wires going to the connector is what made me think this. If there is only 2 power wires coming from the esc, you could swap to a common, high-current connector, build a parallel harness and run 2 5 cell 5000mah nimh's. That thing would probably run for days with some high-capacity cells. However it's setup, switching to some quality batteries would be about as far as I would go with it. It looks awfully brittle. How's it run? Is it fast enough to have some fun?

havent had a chance to run it yet, box says 20+mph but i highly doubt that. if it does i'd believe it to last for about 30 seconds. the huge ass battery is only 2600mah.

I would love to wire it up to run parallel 5000mah nimhs. I also want to think about replacing the circuit board electronics with a decent little cheap speed control/servo combo to run it off of. can't think that a mechanical speed control is gonna be pleasing at all any more haha.

good luck with the conversion... you will have to come up with a steering servo as well as the esc... the circuit board controls everything... I'm sure you could fab something up to make it work, but the steering setup will be interesting to say the least.

yeah i havent even opened that end up yet to see whats in there lol.

batteries first i think lol.