but i like reverse

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorcycleman1

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what are some pros and cons about having reverse . i like to work on my truck so having reverse is not a problem for me . but why wouldnt i want it . i dont race i bash so it comes in handy when i hit a deadend. just wondering if I'm missing out on something thanks for the input

without it your truck will be lighter and spool a bit faster=faster lighter truck
with it is one more thing to break,the 3.3 spec fwd/rev trans is a bit stronger than the 2.5 spec but they still break.
with a 2.5/3.3 engine I think you would be fine to run it but at the end of the day its all up to what you do with the thing

fyi I run a 3.3 spec fwd/rev trans in my bb maxx with no problems

Man a BB with reverse. I even my GS .21 engine BB Maxx blowed the reverse trans and that .21 is not a torque monster. Main reason for the FOC is because it make the trans way and I meen way more dependable. Also as another member has stated a lot lighter. And lighter means less rotational mass=faster=RPM's spool faster=need for speed. LOL:hehe:

The forward only solves problems in the T-Maxx. The tranny is lighter and MUCH stronger. Extra parts are removed and as an added bonus the twitching problem many Maxx experience is fixed. On top of that it also it helps with some idle problems with the T-Maxx. The reverse in the Maxx was not well thought out. You are better off with out it.....they stopped putting them in there for a reason....they were poo

please forgive my ignorance what dose spool mean

The engine gets to higher speed more quickly.

I have yet to rebuild the box but I don't use the truck a great deal,i've maybe put 2 gals through it in 3 years
I agree that reverse is a pita but if don't try to constant go from forward to reverse and wait for it to come to a complete stop the chance of it imploding are less
and yes the 2.5 reverse is a major pain,i have 1 truck with it and I just sold it if I were to keep it a foc was first on my list

I consider reverse in any rc (crawlers exempt) a good choice for a beginner. After you get a little experience, switch to forward only. It will make you a much better driver in the long run.

thanks for the input . i have a tmaxx 2.5 and iv put plenty of #4995 gears in the trans . if it will give more speed or better take off i think i will go with foc

Back