Build, Break, Repair, Repeat.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just converted my RC-18's to LiPo. I was running a 3S in it and blew the steering tie rod out of the cup and had the CVD come out of the diff cup and endo. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement ball cup for a widetrack conversion the 18T?

My 18R caught a crack and rolled throwing the 2S LiPo, RX and the ESC out of the Carbon Fiber Chassis. The accident ripped the switch wiring out of my Mamba 25. I wish I had a camera to catch the carnage! Anyway, rather than deciding to try and repair the switch and solder it back on the circuit board, I went ahead and bought the Mamba Micro Pro. I haven't run it, yet, but that is the plan for today.

Hopefully, nothing else will break today, but fixng these little beasts isn't really expensive and is half of the fun. :D

I'm looking for the socket that fits over the ball for the extended track conversion. Sorry about the confusion.

Is it not a standard 1:18 size ball? I'm guessing you just need something that's longer than stock. Mini-T ends are longer I believe.

Thanks. I'll check it out next time I'm at the hobbyshop.

I'm pretty sure if you could use the propulse hardware kits for your problem, if you could find them.. start calling local radio shacks! they are rediculously cheap.. like less than 2 bucks

sell me the esc with the ripped plug?

sell me the esc with the ripped plug?

I'm just going to solder a new switch on it and keep it as a spare.

Update:

I ran the -18r with the new Mamba in it and it runs great. I was running it with a 2s and separated the tire from the wheel because they ballooned so large! Then while i was slowing to turn around I noticed that the right front wheel wasn't turning. I blew another diff...

I've ordered a pair of MIP superdiffs to replace both of the stockers. I've also been painting some new lids for both of my RC18s and I'll post some pics of them when I get some pics taken.

Lessen, you were right! Thanks for the suggestion. I was out beating on the -18t at the local park and ripped another of the long ball sockets out of the tie-rod. This one broke just behind the ball cup itself. That's what I get for catching some air and then trying to turn on landing.

It was great watching the little truck scooting along like a Baja 500 modified truck. The rooster-tail of dust was great. Too bad that I broke it again after only 20-minutes of running. Guess I better get fixing it.