buggy opinion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majurtom

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok here goes i just purchased a hyper 7 tq sport that was listed as a kit. when i got it i found that it is an almost rtr kit. i have a line on a gs storm cl-1 pro kit that i am thinking of getting instead. since i want to build a kit i am trying to decide if the cl-1 is worth the extra money I'm gonna pay or just finish the tq. any opinions would be appreciated thx

IMO the best rtr out of the box is the CEN Matrix. Great handling car and tough as nails.

IMO the best rtr out of the box is the CEN Matrix. Great handling car and tough as nails.

Maybe, but he is asking for a KIT.

How much is it price wise between the GS and the Ofna? Can you just return the Hyper??

The CL-1 just never really took off like I thought it might. It looks to be a decent buggy, but not many people run them.

How much are you looking to spend on a kit, and a total? Race Bash or both?

i cannot return the tq best i could do is resell. so the cl-1 will cost me about an additional 150.00...roughly. i could use the extra money on a decent motor so i would hate to put out the extra and not get a superior vehicle just so i could build it.

I'm looking to maybe do a little racing at the beginner level and I'm on somewhat of a budget. originally was lookin to spend under 300.00 for a kit

You'll be hard pressed to find a kit for that. Although some places are blowing out the older Mugen MBX5's for roughly $350.

Second thought, maybe the Jammin CR?

You might also try the X-Ray XB-8. They are on the expensive side but are one of the best on the market.

Back