Bryson's "Revo Race Roller" Re-Birth

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you got a little sand in it. I ran mine once without the air filter and it messed it up. Not that bad, but there were metal shavings all over the place

Nah I know the motor was spotless...I just recently took it apart to check the insides and sealed it up. I have an idea of what may have caused it, infact, it is what caused it. The truck landed on the top from about 2 foot off the ground from a flip. I didn't have the body on and my revo doesn't have a roll bar. It smacked the top of the cooling head and I imagine that damaged something small and then all the WOT passes after finally smoked it.

I know Traxxas motors can be spotty but in the end I believe this one was caused from the explained wreck. Oh well, it just gives me more of a reason to go buy me another motor...lol

It looks like your front bumper is actually a rear bumper.

Never seen an aftermarket bumper for the front that is straight like that.

Damn Man that sucks, mien did the exact same thing to, after a month of owning the engine way day out on the track i couldnt pull the string, figured maybe flooded and locked up nope the rod spilt just like that, traxxas replaced it free of charge, i wasn't running lean or anything, running around 230 on temps but they say if oil content is to high it will do that

I doubt they would replace for free as I have had the truck for over a year now. Although the motor has less than a gallon and half ran through it.

Looks good man! Bumper is a custom one off. Was a members named animal454 on other forums whos a friend of mine that goes back to the MVbasher days but that another story that goes way to far back to explain. lol. I dont know if you got the shock situation sorted out yet but you may need to play with the rocker arms. The aluminum ones that are on there are p2's or what ever it is, and I think removing a spacer on the rocker push rod if I'm not mistaken will drop the height too. As far as motors goes I still thing a os.18tm was perfect for the weight of this truck plus os is a good company and there carbs are about the best for holding tune. Dynamite I've had 5 or 6 for other cars and they've never been up to a os standard in my eyes. Anyways man. Take care and enjoy this truck it was fun while I had her now its good to see that someone else is enjoying it as much as I did!:D And dont listen to rolex and his shelf queens lol, get it dirty, its funner to play dirty.
:D

Revo is back to bashing!

Well I got all my stuff in today that I ordered for my Revo!

I started working on things about 1:30 ish this afternoon and about 9:00 tonight was done breaking in the motor.

I sealed the motor today and the fuel inlet on the carb. Put some TA Green Slime on all the needles and set them back to stock. Installed the roll bar, Tekno servo bracket and throttle linkage, Aluminum 3 shoe clutch and RR 15T clutchbell.

Took it out today and started the break in procedure, which according to OS manual is a little different than the so called "correct" way. For warranty purposes I broke it in per the OS manual and kinda threw my own mix in there from when I broke in my Traxxas motor.

I must say that I was very disappointed in this motor today. After the first tank It would not stay running at all, everytime It cranked up it would shutoff after about 2 seconds. I leaned it out a little and it didnt change, started it on the ground with remote in hand to take off once it started and same thing. I noticed though when doing that last part if I left the glow ignitor on the glow plug it would not die. As soon as I took it off about 2 seconds and it would die. So I ended up changing the glow plug out and it still was doing it. After several attempts with the new plug it finally started staying running.

Every tank that I went through the motor got a little more stronger. It will pull wheelies on the touch of the throttle but it does not have much top end. On the fifth tank it was taking a long stretch just to kick into second, sometimes it wouldn't even kick in.

We will see what tomorrow holds, It could be a combination of things, old fuel, glow plug, fine tuning etc. I just hope this motor turns out alright, I'm kinda unsure as of right now what its gonna be like. I have my truck at a 15t CB and 38T Spur with stock tranny and stock diffs.

Another thing I was unsure about was the HSN at stock is supposedly only 2 1/2 turns out from closed. That seems wrong to me as when I was breaking it in today I was not getting alot of blue smoke until about the end of the 3rd tank. Then I was getting massive blue smoke trails, so hmm I dont know.

Enjoy the pics!

DSC01194.jpg

DSC01197.jpg

DSC01198.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

DSC01201.jpg

looks good, remember to not drink and drive lol

my song:Its beautiful its true i saw her face on RCNT ( i sound weird sorry )

what i mean is its awesome

Thanks

my song:Its beautiful its true i saw her face on RCNT ( i sound weird sorry )

what i mean is its awesome

Thanks

Thanks Mate! Your song sounds like lyrics The Streets would have...Great band btw!

After my disappointments yesterday the revo is cleaned up and ready to roll again. Hoping today holds better results!

DSC01203.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

Oh and here is a short clip from todays tune/bash session. I took it on my iphone so maximize the video before you play it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao-SzacBQeY&feature=youtube_gdata"]YouTube - ‪Revo w/ OS .21 TM‬‏[/ame]

Nice rig! You can tell that those tires just are not getting the job done on that track! Especially with all the power you have spinning them.

Thanks olds! Yeah if the zombimaxx tires were still available I'd get them, but you gotta shuffle around for a used pair now. Got any recommendations?

that same exact thing happend to my rod i was driving then all of a sudden truck made a weird sound and quit that rod cracked in half and blew up through the piston so i took it as an opportinity to convert to a big block but still havent done it waiting till spring haha

Back