brushless kyosho viper

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broken_civic

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
is the person who put this together on here?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvvzoEU3CcY&feature=related"]YouTube - Brushless Kyosho Viper[/ame]

i am curious how they coupled the driveshaft with that motor, i have a similar motor, similar esc, and i need some sort of driveshaft coupler.

heres a couple pictures, i drilled the factory coupler out last night to fit. i think i need to grease everything again though.

that video has a build thread on another forum. he did basically everything i did. ordered the same motor mount, etc...

if any of you guys have a grease you recomend, lmk.

DSCN0233.gif

DSCN0232.gif

DSCN0231.gif

Last edited:
the only greases i use are CRC Marine wheel bearing grease (Part # SL3121), Mercury 2-4-C, or Mercury Special 101

the only greases i use are CRC Marine wheel bearing grease (Part # SL3121), Mercury 2-4-C, or Mercury Special 101

hey, where are you located in georgia?

Blue Ridge.. about an hour & 1/2 north of atlanta

ahh, i'm about a hour and a half from you. thanks for the info on the grease. i will stop by a local marine shop. hopfully they will have some. i have noticed that the stock grease kyosho provided with these hardens and turns to a paste or glue.

ahh, i'm about a hour and a half from you. thanks for the info on the grease. i will stop by a local marine shop. hopfully they will have some. i have noticed that the stock grease kyosho provided with these hardens and turns to a paste or glue.

where are you at? Theres a club down in atlanta (college park). Couple of the guys run electrics.

www.atlantamodelboaters.com

Sometimes you can find the 2-4-C at Walmart. I like the Special 101 better...but it is quite a bit more money. CRC you can get online for about 8 bucks or so.

where are you at? Theres a club down in atlanta (college park). Couple of the guys run electrics.

www.atlantamodelboaters.com

Sometimes you can find the 2-4-C at Walmart. I like the Special 101 better...but it is quite a bit more money. CRC you can get online for about 8 bucks or so.

in the chattanooga tennessee area. i don't really race anything. not my cars, heli's or this boat. i bought a kyosho viper boat a long time ago it was the older model than this one. but i sunk it in a lake and never found it. i personally like the style of these boats, i rather have the older model as i like the lid a little better. that lid would prob. fit this one though. that's the main reason i mod'd this boat rather than buying a new one. not to mention, i like tinkering with stuff.

i may pick the grease up online. idk yet, i know i called kyosho and they only had 2 shaft kids left and i bought them both. i don't want to ruin this shaft so i figured a good grease would be necessary.

Oh ok. I know how it feels to have a boat sink.. I had my old rigger get hit in a race and sink. $2000 boat gone, + paying $350 for a diver to try finding it with no luck.

Key to keeping shafts together is definetely proper maintenance. Pull it out after running.. wipe it down.