Broken discontinued RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
20240323_092757.jpg
poor 2006 dazzler got hurt by the previous owner. I did not do all this plaster. I drove it today at like 10kmh against a wall and this happened. It's drying currently in "BISON MAX REPAIR POWER" glue. Let's hope it's actually as strong as the title🥲
20240323_094006.jpg

Great ideađź‘Ť sadly I don't own one, I could print it by someone else. I don't think this part will be printable anywhere so I'd have to design myself though

Exactly! the hardest part in this is creating a design of the piece to be made.

There are some sites where there are already templates to print... try seeing if here: https://www.yeggi.com/ you can find something by entering the make and model of your rc.

Last edited:
That part would last but a few bumps with a 3d printed part.

C-hubs are fairly easy to modify to work providing you can find one close to the same shape. If you can find one to work, you can use the matching spindles.

Your best bet would be toss it up on a shelf and wait for a used one to show up on ebay or modify as @WickedFog mentioned.
A discontinued RC rig is the very reason why we say research available parts before purchasing any RC car.

For this price believe me, its ok. Glue should be done in 19 hours, if I take the instruction very literally. If this won't work I'll follow @WickedFog's advice and buy a front hub carrier of another carđź‘Ť

For this price believe me, its ok. Glue should be done in 19 hours, if I take the instruction very literally. If this won't work I'll follow @WickedFog's advice and buy a front hub carrier of another carđź‘Ť
Got any more pics of this car? That a-arm looks intetesting.

Uhm I'm ashamed of how mistreated it is

The carson dazzler In 2006 had electric reverse, it also had an electric engine starter and glowplug ignitor that could be started with the transmitter. Mine is in terrible shape, the shock tower was broken and fixed with plaster when I bought it and it was full of wobble, it basically broke the next day. I added a lot of zipties and lime. Same with the rear arms. The previous guy glued all the rear screws so even though arms can be bought, it's useless. Pics soonđź‘Ť

I might be seeing ghosts but when testing this dazzler today in my backyard I think I could see it wheelie slightly. It's powered with a .12! Where's the torque?

Last edited:
Notice the whay the braking system brakes? Never seen this myself on any other RC

I knew about this very effective thing in some cases.

How to make such effective liquid plastic at home
At this point, however, many are surely wondering "But, how to make effective liquid plastic at home?". First of all it is very important to clarify that we are talking about a plastic welding technique called chemical welding.

The first step to take should be to take a plastic object, such as the cover of an old record, and break it into small pieces using a suitable tool, such as small wire cutters. Once you have grouped all the small pieces of plastic, continue pouring them into a syringe and add pure acetone.

Leave it to act for about two hours and after this time what you will obtain will be a very strong and useful liquid plastic. This must be applied directly to the piece of plastic you want to repair, paying attention to the quantity applied.

Another way to repair broken plastic is to create a thicker compound using acetone and polystyrene. This inserted inside the acetone will tend to melt and form a ball that can subsequently be used to repair the plastic.

Specifically, in this case it is recommended to use metal adhesive tape to apply directly to the damaged plastic. And on top of this tape then apply the previously mentioned compound made with acetone and polystyrene.

At this point you simply need to leave it to dry for a maximum of 24 hours. And precisely after these hours it will be possible to eliminate the metal tape and notice how the repair in question, as well as the one mentioned previously, turned out to be efficient.

I knew about this very effective thing in some cases.

How to make such effective liquid plastic at home
At this point, however, many are surely wondering "But, how to make effective liquid plastic at home?". First of all it is very important to clarify that we are talking about a plastic welding technique called chemical welding.

The first step to take should be to take a plastic object, such as the cover of an old record, and break it into small pieces using a suitable tool, such as small wire cutters. Once you have grouped all the small pieces of plastic, continue pouring them into a syringe and add pure acetone.

Leave it to act for about two hours and after this time what you will obtain will be a very strong and useful liquid plastic. This must be applied directly to the piece of plastic you want to repair, paying attention to the quantity applied.

Another way to repair broken plastic is to create a thicker compound using acetone and polystyrene. This inserted inside the acetone will tend to melt and form a ball that can subsequently be used to repair the plastic.

Specifically, in this case it is recommended to use metal adhesive tape to apply directly to the damaged plastic. And on top of this tape then apply the previously mentioned compound made with acetone and polystyrene.

At this point you simply need to leave it to dry for a maximum of 24 hours. And precisely after these hours it will be possible to eliminate the metal tape and notice how the repair in question, as well as the one mentioned previously, turned out to be efficient.
On the hard body radio shacks, my little brothe uses a lighter and papermate pens casing and did his body work that way. 🤣

Just came back from driving the dazzler and I think it's fixed now👍 I didn't crash but for now it really seems ok. It was a very short run though because the fuel line disconnected and it's impossible to put it back in place without deattaching the fuel tank with a screwdriver. First of all I didn't know it was disconnected🤣

Hi all, I'm new here. I have a Carson Dazzler that I'm resorting, would anyone know where I can get the Decals from?
This guy does custom decals and has a lot of premade designs already. He can fix ya up.
https://mciracing.ca/

Welcome to RCTalk. Go introduce yourself and share pics of your project!

Hi all, I'm new here. I have a Carson Dazzler that I'm resorting, would anyone know where I can get the Decals from?
Nice to see someone else with a dazzler. I thought it was actually a very rare RCđź‘Ť does yours still have the original remote starting system?