Bottoms UP ''Six-Pak''

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip cross

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
002-10.gif

The ''Six-Pak'' includes 4 Stainless Steel wheels, 2 Aluminum wheels, 12 beadlock rings and all the needed hardware.

I had a chance to pick up a set of Bottoms Up Rock Racing new ''Six-Pak'' wheels. I really like the look of the wheels and the machine work is second to none. I have found out that the wheels will hold a Panther Cougar tire with only 4 of the 8 screws in the beadlock ring, and mount up the Panther Cougar tires is a breeze. Now on to some facts about the wheels. I have the berg offset wheels and I am running them on a set of Berg axles so all of my info is for a 2.2 Berg axle based rig.

The outside to outside measurement for Berg axles with the Stainless Steel Berg offset wheels is 10-1/8 with Panther Cougar tires and F400 soft foams. The outside to outside measurement of the Berg offset wheels with no tires or foams is 9-9/16. All of this information is the same for the Aluminum Berg offset wheels that will be used on the back axle of my Berg comp rig.

The wheels have a really good weight to them and there is no need to buy lead stick on weights for the wheels. I have found out that the Stainless Steel wheels have a weight of 15.7 oz with all of the hardware, beadlock rings, Panther Cougars, and F400 foams. For the weight of a Stainless Steel Berg offset wheel with all the hardware and beadlock rigs with no tire or foam the weight is 12.2 oz.

Now for some information on the Aluminum Berg offset wheels. The Aluminum Berg offset wheels with all the hardware, beadlock rings, Pather Cougars, and F400 soft foams have a combined weight of 8.9 oz. For the weight of an Aluminum Berg offset wheel with all the hardware and beadlock rings minus the Cougars and F400 foams the wieght is 5.3 oz of weight.

The Stainless Steel and Aluminum Berg offset wheels will work with the Vaquish Products aluminum high steer knuckles and the Crawler Design Works OTA/BTA for the Berg which is good because a lot of guys are using that setup.

I really like the options that you get with the ''Six-Pak'' wheel setup. For the fact you get 4 wheels for the front of your comp rig that you can setup with two different tire and foam setups, if you miss the setup with one set just swap the wheels out to your other setup. If you don't want to go that route with the spare wheels, set all 4 of the Stainless steel wheels up the same. That way if one course is wet or mud then you have a clean setup ready for the next course.

I am in the middle of rebuilding my Berg comp rig and am currently waiting on a few key parts to get the truck back in shape.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt read through your post but point out that there are rims mounted on those tires, so there are actually 6 there and not just 4, their kinda hard to see. Very attractive rims too imo. Is Bottoms Up new?

If you do not run a Berg based rig there is also an Axial offset wheel for your AX-10 based crawler.

Ya they are pretty sweet just a little pricey but not to bad really for what your getting.

Ya they are pretty sweet just a little pricey but not to bad really for what your getting.

Stainless steel cost more than aluminum or delrin.

Last edited:
Too bad you can't just buy two stainless and two aluminum to save a few bucks or can you?

to bad you can't just buy two stainless and two aluminum to save a few bucks or can you?
If you want to buy 2 SS wheels and 2 alum. you can do that for sure and save yourself some money. That is what a lot of guys are doing.

Sweet set of wheels. Price is par with other wheels on the market.

I think I am going to get a set of Half and Half's. I have a brand new set of Rovers that need a home.

yeah, more than Mayhems but less than VP's, seems about right...

Sweet set of wheels. Price is par with other wheels on the market.

I think I am going to get a set of Half and Half's. I have a brand new set of Rovers that need a home.
Can't go wrong with that setup man.
yeah, more than Mayhems but less than VP's, seems about right...
You are correct, Mayhems are like 115.00 shipped and the VP complete setup will set you back 275.00 to 280.00 + shipping and you still need to buy tires after that, at that price it is hard for most to drop that kind of money. The Vanquish R2 setup will run you 184.00 and you still need to buy tires.

And I know I have said this once before but you don't have to buy stick on lead weight for the Stainless Steel wheels the weight is perfect without them.

003-10.gif

004-9.gif

006-12.gif

005-13.gif

I havent really looked at em but any idea if ck's wieghts for their new "skinnies"would bolt on to these?

I think I might have to look into these some more, I really like the wieght of the stainless without weights added...

I havent really looked at em but any idea if ck's wieghts for their new "skinnies"would bolt on to these?

I think I might have to look into these some more, I really like the wieght of the stainless without weights added...

I don't think that the CKRC weights will bolt up. IMO at 15.7 total weight you really don't need anymore weight then that.

yeah for sure, but it would be cool if they'd bolt up to the aluminums....no need though since they have those heavy stainless ones though...answered my own question lol.

Back