Bolink truck build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucifur10

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Boating
And it's a roller! Pretty basic build, nothing too high tech. Rigid rear and kingpin front suspension. Next is electrical and steering links
20240209_075856.jpg
20240209_075953.jpg
20240209_101353.jpg

20240209_114552.jpg

So glad somebody grabbed that bad boy. Looking forward to this one.

Was really wanting to see better pics of that '41 Chevy body if you can get a couple 😉

Hell ya it is. That was what I loved most about this kit.

Ordered aluminum stand-off's to replace the cheap plastic one's that tie the chassis together, I think it will add a custom touch. Aluminum servo mounts in blue are coming in. Planning the paint is becoming the most stressful part. One color with chrome trim, fade two-tone with chrome. Flat patina?

I always do a google for inspiration. Chrome, or no chrome, that body looks great. Single or two-tone, shiny or rusty - all good.
0706cct-01-pl-1941-chevy-truck-front-right-side.jpg

Klpu1.jpg
images (3).jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

Mocked up an aluminum servo mount. Still thinking about replacing the plastic pieces that tie the chassis plates together although it will be a bit of work. I will need to cut the aluminum standoff to length, then drill and tap one end with a 4/40 thread. It would look sharp though.
1708205771412189691636770746205.jpg

Steering servo mounted. Radio tray is next. Progress is showing. Started cutting the aluminum stand offs/chassis supports.
20240222_124728.jpg

Chassis braces are cut, drilled and 4-40 tapped. These will replace the plastic pieces the kit came with. Once chassis halves are apart I'll install battery tray and reassemble. Then the daunting task of painting the body. There's no second chance on the body.
20240311_083820.jpg

Chassis braces are cut, drilled and 4-40 tapped. These will replace the plastic pieces the kit came with. Once chassis halves are apart I'll install battery tray and reassemble. Then the daunting task of painting the body. There's no second chance on the body.View attachment 184537
Just remember, the paint will come off the body fairly easily til it sets up for a few hours 😉

Could you not have just sourced some aluminum standoffs and cut them to length? I know you can buy them in all different lengths. That was a lot of drilling and tapping!

Just remember, the paint will come off the body fairly easily til it sets up for a few hours 😉

Could you not have just sourced some aluminum standoffs and cut them to length? I know you can buy them in all different lengths. That was a lot of drilling and tapping!
I couldn't get the length I needed. I have a machining background so it wasn't horrible. Kinda felt good to do that again. Gives it that "custom homebuilt" feel! 😆

Back