blue thunder or o'donnel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tam13

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok well I'm goin to switch to one of these fuels and i was wondering which would give me more performance i plan to use 20%

The first thing I would ask is which one is more readily available to you? Does your LHS stock both? If so, then it is up to you.

I, personally, prefer the Blue Thunder. I can not speak out about the O'Donnel other to acknowledge that it exists and that many use it.

I have tried o'donnell and it is great...i think that blue thunder is cheaper if I'm not mistaken

i like the blue thunder and like SKY said get the fuel most readily availible to you.

Hmm I made the switch to blue thunder sport 20%Nitro and 18% oil. Engines run cooler and happier. Big old trail of smoke from the stinger.

i thought there was only blue thinder race formula. i dint know there was a sport formula.

Lykan, It seems to run great. This pic is my Nitro MT running on the said fuel.
NMT%20track%2031.jpg

Did that pic come from a video? I seem to remeber a vid with that setting.

Also, I see trinity 20% break in blend Isn't that just trinity with more oil?

I have been running Blue Thunder in my engines for the last two and a half years. All I can say is that the engines perform well, and go many gallons between rebuilds. My two year old Fantom engine has finally given up the ghost and needs a rebuild after almost eight gallons of Blue Thunder. My engines also tend to run cooler with Blue Thunder than some of the competitor fuel that I have thrown in there.

Up until recently I ran BT for several years and liked it a lot.
My LHS discontinued carrying it and now I use Trinity Monster Fuel. I get a jug of BT when I can find it in my travels. You should be happy with any of the two you listed.

Originally posted by lykan
Did that pic come from a video? I seem to remeber a vid with that setting.

Also, I see trinity 20% break in blend Isn't that just trinity with more oil?

Why yes it did, with the video editing software I have it is possible to take snapshots of the video and turn them into pictures. I love the software I use.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
The first thing I would ask is which one is more readily available to you? Does your LHS stock both? If so, then it is up to you.

I, personally, prefer the Blue Thunder. I can not speak out about the O'Donnel other to acknowledge that it exists and that many use it.

This is a good point from Sky.

Both Blue THunder and O'donnell are great and truly proven time honored fuel blends. All the LHS's in my parts carry regular Blue THunder and some carry O'donnell. I was very impressed with the Blue THunder "race blend" that I ran but it's hard to come by around here as most people seem to be happy with regular Blue THunder so no market for the LHS's.

I run nothing but O'Donnell now (unless it's a Trx 2.5 in which case I run Top fuel). I pay about $25+tax a gallon. Some many not c it but I c a noticable difference in tuning with the O'Donnell. It has a funny smell but smells like Victory to me. I also use the Nitro SPeed scents from time to time and it works great....makes your entire bash area reek like phucking air freshener II wouldn't reco you use it on an entire gallon as you many get sick of it fast).

Back