Bigger is BETTER (The Sequel)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look great, it's hard work when it looks real.

They look great, its hard work when it looks real.
Totally agreed- this things gonna look awesome- Rolex's other detailed models look great, but I think, this one might just top them all- as much as those bullets must have been a pain, at least your getting realism.

Okay, got a few new updates...
Here's the current weapons collection. The big roof mounted 50 cal is in the mail.
DSCN2496.jpg

Started the Revo suspension with the Slayer A-arms and axles. It started out like this...
DSCN2482.jpg

DSCN2483.jpg

Went through some serious cleaning and repainting, then ended up like this...
DSCN2487.jpg

DSCN2494.jpg

DSCN2503.jpg

DSCN2505.jpg

Looking awesome- really like how you've painted everything camo colours to match everything else- also, be careful posting pics of those weapons- the cyber police will be cumming for u M8 thinkin they real...

The weapons are really incredible. Even the bolt action slides on a spring. The detail is flawless.
The pics tend to exaggerate some of the paint properties, but I'm going to do a tear down and redo the A-arms. That's Tamiya olive drab but it's not flat enough to look right. Just enough gloss to make it all wrong. The light green is Dupli-Color primer and the olive green on the springs and push rods is Krylon Super Flat Camo. So is the brown. It's the Krylon OD that's on the body and it's REALLY outstanding.
I might be able to improve the look of the A-arms with a light coat of clear flat lacquer. I'll give it a shot before doing a complete tear down.

The weapons are really incredible. Even the bolt action slides on a spring. The detail is flawless.
The pics tend to exaggerate some of the paint properties, but I'm going to do a tear down and redo the A-arms. That's Tamiya olive drab but it's not flat enough to look right. Just enough gloss to make it all wrong. The light green is Dupli-Color primer and the olive green on the springs and push rods is Krylon Super Flat Camo. So is the brown. It's the Krylon OD that's on the body and it's REALLY outstanding.
I might be able to improve the look of the A-arms with a light coat of clear flat lacquer. I'll give it a shot before doing a complete tear down.
Sounds good- and your right about the weapons.

I just didn't like the look of the Tamiya rattle can OD, so I tore it all down and did a respray with the little bottles of Tamiya military colors. Tiny little bottles, but a really superior paint for flat color. The dryer you mix it in the airbrush, the flatter it will look.
XF-65.jpg

Quite a difference from the rattle can paint to the respray...
DSCN2520.jpg

Other than doing a repaint on the front suspension, the big 50 Caliber machine gun arrived today.
Here's the test fit. I have the windows out till I'm finished, so I don't damage them while working on this body. The windows and frames were almost a 2 day job.
DSCN2522.jpg
DSCN2523.jpg
DSCN2526.jpg
DSCN2525.jpg
DSCN2524.jpg

Thanks, man. I still have to add the ammo tray and a few other details, but I think it's really looking good with the big gun on the roof. It's 10 3/4" long! All the silvery looking wear on the gun was done with Maybelline eye makeup and a foam rubber applicator. :rolleyes:

ok, I'm going to point out the obvious.

the rounds in the can, point a different direction than the ones on the belt.

awesome job Ralph!!

That gun looks phenomenal, and finally another use for makeup that actually does something...
Can't wait for this to be finished but when you do you MUST get some pictures of it in the media gallery.

the rounds in the can, point a different direction than the ones on the belt.
LMAO!! You're the winner! I noticed that as soon as I posted the thread. I wanted the yellow lettering on the ammo box to face the front, and just didn't notice what was inside, pointing the wrong way.
For being so observant, you win 2 weeks in the Riviera.
It's in a stream behind Wallmart. I'm pretty sure it's an '84.

Since I had to tear it down for the repaint I got a start on the framework for the chassis. The wheelbase is a lot longer than a stock Revo or Slayer so the frame will be custom built but somewhat different than the other big MP HummVee. I've got it soldered up and drilled out since this pic was taken but I'm waiting for a screw kit to arrive before I can go any further.
DSCN2527.jpg

Made the bracket for the gun height adjuster and the ammo box cradle today.
DSCN2528.jpg

DSCN2530.jpg

DSCN2532.jpg

DSCN2534.jpg

DSCN2535.jpg

DSCN2537.jpg

Back