Big ass batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushlessboy

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok guys and girls. I've Googled my life away, and have visited every battery manufacturers site I can think of, looking for 4s LiPo with a Mah over 6500.
Maxamps do an 8000 but does anyone know of a manufacturer whos has more than 8000 in a 4s?
Please......:(

Any reason why you need it in a single pack? Why not just wire 2 packs in parallel? It may give you better mounting options for weight distribution.

Any reason why you need it in a single pack? Why not just wire 2 packs in parallel? It may give you better mounting options for weight distribution.

+1 With 4s2p you could get 12,000 maH.

Plus its a maxamps battery...... I personaly stay away from them.

I dont know why you say that I have 2 6500's that I have had for a year and beat the crap out of them and haven't had a problem at all. Thunder power makes a 4s and 5s 8000 HERE

I have had decent luck with MaxAmps Lipos....their Nimh battery packs however, ... suck...period. They crapped out in a month, sent them back for replacement....crapped out again. Expensive lesson learned.

I have 7 Maxamps lipos in 3s and 4s and have always had a good run with them, except sometimes they put 4s balancing taps on 3s batteries.
The first battery look a bit dodgy with its 15c continuous and 20c burst. Most lipos are double the c burst rating.
Also their request that you only charge it at 1 amp is just rediculous for a 10 amp battery.
The Maxamps battery is only a 100 amp rating and the truggy will suck the guts out of that in 5 minutes, although stick that in a starter box and you'd only have to charge it once a year.... lol
As for the Thunderpower batteries they are way too long, at over 10 inches. I guess I should have mentioned they were going in truggies...
Sorry.

Last edited:
I dont know why you say that.

#1 Overpriced packs !!!
#2 Overpriced Packs !!!
#3 I can get much better quality packs at a cheaper price.
#4 When you buy a high priced MaxieAmps packs all you are doing is paying for them to put their name in every RC mag on the face of the earth.
#5 Their 65 MPH guarantee is a joke.
#6 Their PR sucks, I know this personally.
O'yea did I mention their overpriced packs ?

Last edited:
I dont always agree with Alpine but I totally x2 the staying away from maxamps, just a personal opinion but every pack I've had from them has swelled and not from extreme use either. Thats just way too much money too spend on a brand that I've watched die more than succeed in person.

Not sure if Chip mentioned it, but, their overpriced too! lol.

I have 7 Maxamps lipos in 3s and 4s and have always had a good run with them, except sometimes they put 4s balancing taps on 3s batteries.
The first battery look a bit dodgy with its 15c continuous and 20c burst. Most lipos are double the c burst rating.
Also their request that you only charge it at 1 amp is just rediculous for a 10 amp battery.
The Maxamps battery is only a 100 amp rating and the truggy will suck the guts out of that in 5 minutes, although stick that in a starter box and you'd only have to charge it once a year.... lol
As for the Thunderpower batteries they are way too long, at over 10 inches. I guess I should have mentioned they were going in truggies...
Sorry.

Check out Polyquest,Neu,Hyperion, or them cheap Zippy packs from Hobby City. I love them things and for the price you pay for them they are great.

Not sure if Chip mentioned it, but, their overpriced too! lol.
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Hyperion, Polyquest and Hobby City had nothing over 6000. Couldn't find Neu batteries anywhere.
To answer SD's question I dont use 2 x 2s because I need quick changes for the 30min mains.
Unless I heatshrinked 2 packs together, then connected both batteries together and charged and balanced them as 1....
But in all honesty I think that sounds like a recipe for disaster....

what are the other guys at the track running?

what are the other guys at the track running?

I'm a member of 3 clubs, 2 only run 6min + 1 lap, so they dont need anything over 4000mah.
The nitro club I run at runs 30 min mains on their trophy days so currently I revert to nitro for those days.
Brushless 1/8th hasn't really taken hold over here in Oz yet but we've managed to get the nitro boys to let us run with them.
I really want to run the B/L in the mains but runtime wont let me do it yet......

Your truggy must be hardcore. I'm running 2 flight-max 5000 30C 2S packs in my e-revo and averaging 25 minutes of run time, and my truck weighs around 12 pounds and uses the motor for braking. If your truggy setup has the capability of going with mechanical brakes, then you just upped the efficiency by quite a bit. A guy I race with runs the big smc 2S packs, which I believe are the 9000's, and he gets better than an hour with them in his e-revo.

I ran the Maxamps 6500's and just scraped in 15 minutes. That is passable but I'd like a safety window.

Back