best screw company

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what is this mcmaster carr?? is it like a hardware place or what?? link??

http://www.mcmaster.com/

It's an industrial supply company. If you need it they will have it. The only frustrating thing is that with 1/2 million products, you have to know exactly what you are looking for or it can be mind boggling:)

Mr T

Last edited:
beason if you like to tinker w/ stuff that is like the best candystore you could ever find......they sell everything....like Mr. T said you just have to know what you want......

When you go there the category header is "Fastening and Sealing", then category "Socket Head Cap Screws".

Maybe I missed it, but do any of the companies mentioned above sell screw "kits"? My 9.5 has so many stripped screw heads that half my car is permanently held together. I don't know half the sizes of the screws I need, so does any of the above companies actually sell car kits with ALL (including set screws, and any other wierd screws) of them included?

KX your best bet would be download the manual for your car and get the screw sizes right off that....make your list and quantities your self and go to McMaster.....you'll get the absolut best screws.....if you think about these guys that do this and claim they have the best screws in the world....yeah right....they're all trying to make a buck and they know if they're spending $20 to get enough screws to make a kit from real screws they have to charge 30-40 to make any money from it, so they buy the cheaper screws.....not saying they won't get the job done, but you can get better.....I say got to the source and buy the best for a few bucks more than you'd spend for someone else to do the legwork.....

I hear'd tell he's an ass.....shhhh don't say I told ya.......

get screwed kits are nice, can't remember the link.
Just installed a set on my savage!

Great set of hex head screws!

Last edited:
I e-mailed him (Tony) because they don't have a 9.5 kit. He said that if I bought a Hyper kit, he would send me any screws that didn't come with the Hyper kit that I need for free. He said he would like to have one kit for Ofna cars, and that would be doing him a favor. Seems like a cool guy. I will probably get mine there.

Of course that's a nice thing he's doing....you are doing his homework for him and he's paying you in screws......you'll be sitting w/ one of the manuals halfway through the rebuild looking and counting screws......doing half of what I explained in the other post to ya......seriously it's not hard to open a manual and count screws shown in th epics.....they give you the exact sizes to order.....but that's just what I'd do if I didn't have a shop to grab em from......

Go to the parts lists in the front of manual. It will give you the size and quantity of all parts included in the kit. Then order those screw sizes and amounts you need (or all of them) from whomever you want and that should make a complete kit.

i vote for tony's screws too. only screw kit's I'll ever buy. he uses better screws then most companies and is even picky about the actual fitment with the common tools. On top of all of this, he's a great guy to deal with. not many more racers out there that are more dedicated then him.

tell him brandon (untchbl) recomended you.

Brandon

Back