best motor for a replacement for the stock traxxs 3.3?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hickbran

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
what is a good motor to get to replace my traxxas revo 3.3's stock one?

If you have the money, the Picco .26 Red Dot.

I say to just get the new era BB mount kit and any big block. Axial .28's are cheap, so are any of the mach engines. Can't beat a bb in a revo. It's fun, cheap, and easy.

i have and used a go tech .21 3 port in my revo. i am actually about to put it back in. and a good thing about this motor it likes the header that comes with the bb kit. and it is a mild enough motor that it is easy on the drive train. i figured today after blowing the top of my engine off and it being number 3 with only a gallon and half on it i figured either traxxas is either going to do something about this issue or i am done with there engines. and maybe after the race season i am done with traxxas products period.

I have a 21 3port motor that came with my jato has roughly half a gallon on it with good compression but is way too fast for my 6 year old nephew to drive so I would trade you for your 3.3 if you wanna my email is [email protected] just lemme know thanks:)

+1 on the 21TM. I hear GREAT things about it.

I have a Picco .26 Maxx on my revo and i love it, lots of power and EASY to tune, i have had no serious issues with the engine its self just the stuff attached to it I:E: OWB, carb, glow plugs, ect

the os and the picco are both great choices for a replacement motor

Back