Best irl military plane (based on your opinion)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BreydonsRc

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
F-35 lighting has to be my favorite plane and has to be one of the most advanced planes yet. The most unique feature on the f-35 is the vertical takeoff which is an amazing feature for a JET. This feature helps landing on aircraft carriers way easier and less time wasted when doing so, some would say that this plane seems slow and ugly but when you really look at it, it can be a masterpiece.

Welcome back. Not a plane guy.

Best interceptor/fighter - F-22 Raptor
Best Close Air Support -A10 Warthog
Best Bomber - B2 Spirit
Best jack of all trades - F35 Lightning II
Honorable mentions - F-15 Eagle for being badass and the F-16 for being the sports car of fighter jets.

When I was a kid, this was my favorite plane. The P-51 Mustang. They had an RC one in the Tower Hobbies catalog that I used to stare at all the time.
North-American-P-51D-Mustang-44-72035-Tall-in-the-Saddle-Duxford-BOB-Practise-20-September-201...jpg

I think I have had almost all of the WW2 fighters in RC at one time or another. I've had Several P-47 Thunderbolts, a few P-51 Mustangs, an F4U Corsair, a BF109, a P40 Flying Tiger to name a few.

How can I forget about the legendary a-10, sadly the a10 got "discharged" for being out of date luckily their making a new version of it right now

As I understand it, the A-10 is in service until 2030, when it's scheduled to be replaced with either a new version, or have significant upgrades.

As I understand it, the A-10 is in service until 2030, when it's scheduled to be replaced with either a new version, or have significant upgrades.

They've been trying to retire it for 20 years now. 🤣

Corsair
A 10 warthogs ( i drive out to Selfridge 2x a year on days i know there flying drills)
Blackbird