Bass Fishin

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O man fellas I had a great day. I went to my local pond-park lake. Its a great spot if you know what your doing and how to fish it. The sun was damn near down and I was geting to the point where I had to go. But then this guy I was fishing with brought up how he used to race rc's so we got to bs'in and i tied on a lucky craft gds mini and got riped multiple times. There was alot of fry in the water and the bass were blowing threw them and you could see it, it was sweet. Then I was geting ready to leave and I saw a bid swirl and threw into it and had a huge fish chase it, back out of the water and ready to bite. I missed it and cast in the same spot and same thing. I never caugh the fish but it was sooo sweet to see it chase this bait so dramatically. I didnt catch anything just had some hits but what beats talking about rc's and fishing.

Bryson

Thats Awsome Buddy...I am not familiar with the gds mini yet. Most of my LC lures are Pointers....I do have a couple of sammys that I like a lot as well.
This is a great time of year for you out there...The fishing should be getting pretty hot. As soon as this snow melts I will be going to pick up my boat...I will be fishing tournaments in a exactly one month....
Anyway, In case you didn't notice in the For Sale Forum...I don't think recon will be joining us in this thread anytime soon. Well, Good Luck to ya and keep me updated....

Hawk

The G.D.S. minis are great I only have one but man do I love it, and will buy another soon as I loose this one. When they say it dives a foot they mean it, which is great because the park that I was fishin is only about 6 foot deep. I have a Pointer too but am saving it for the bigger lakes, dont want to loose that thing in a park lake, lol. I'm going to go pick up my Crutial on tuesday from Shamino then ill be in buisness. I like it because its 7' 11" and its great for whipin Jerk baits, and senko's espically right now during spawn. I'm thinking that next week I'm going to head down to lake Paris to float tube, unless i get a new trolling motor this week, and fish around the docks and see if i can pull any lunkers out of there. Tight lines!

Bryson

Heres a large mouth i snagged, just teachin my girl how to hold them. aha

IM001096-1.gif

Last edited:
Well today me and my buddy snuck back into this quary lake and the fish had moved onto there beads. I only had a spinner bait with me because I didnt want to carry my damn backpack. My friend got a fat 5. I missed like 8 fish. We were in there for a good 2 hours before it got to damn hot. Later in the day I went to my local park lake and got this one. It was a 4 easy but I didnt have a scale on me so who know for shure. Bassin is really heating up out here in Cali.
IMG-2.jpg

Bryson

Check this one out

Last edited:
Nice fish my sun caught a hog while we were camping last year 6.5 pounds 22 inches. Abt 7yrs ago myself and a neighbor went out I caught a bass that was over 24inches dont know the weight but by comparing it to my son's I'd have to say it went over 7 pounds cus I cud easily stick my fist in it's mouth with out touching a knuckle. My buddy thought I was crazy for releasing that fish but I'm all about catch and release so sum1 els has the same opportunity to catch that fish like I did. And even if I never catch another bass that big atleast I'll have the memories of the 1 I did catch.

We usually catch em 2-4 pounds around here, now pike thats a different story 44 inches pretty regular up here in the frozen tundra. God I luv fishing almost as good as sex lol