Bandit, Help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike c.

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys i got this problem with my bandit buggy. i recently stripped and idler gear and x helped me get one and i installed it, but it made this clicking noise and go REALLY slow and so i took the tranny out and tighten the diff and now it works but if i trun one wheel it will go in the same dirrection and trun the moter and in the dirt it truns great left and it whont trun right it just go straight and it doesn't go as fast as it used to and i know that the clicking nosie isn't coming from servo because its only happends when i run the moter and btw can i put thread lock in the moter?
HELP!

When you say you tightened the diff you you mean the white piece in side with the small gears in it? X
turbansmiley.gif

Last edited:
the four scerws on the outside of the diff

Ok so you tightened the yolk screws to the diff. Are the wheels Tight? If you hold the truck in place and give it throttle does it try to move or do you see one of the axels spinning? What type of gear did you install? X
turbansmiley.gif

when i hold it on the ground only the back right one works but in the air they both spin and i installed the white idler gear

If you hold the back right tire on the ground does it make the other wheel or axel spin? X

do you mean to hold it in my hand or to place the right wheel on the gound?

Place it on ground put your knee on the right wheel so it can't turn and then look and see if the left wheel or axel is turning. Did you make sure wheels are tight and the pin is in the axel seated in the rim? X

Originally posted by x_789
Did you make sure wheels are tight and the pin is in the axel seated in the rim? X
yes, and the other wheel won't trun it just jerks. i'll call traxxas