Axial .28 Spec Opinions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one in my savage x. I only have about five or six tanks past breakin so far. It seems to be doing good so far. Seems to be holding a tune pretty good. Will make the savage flip on it's lid effortlessly. Hope this helps.

Its a good engine, but it is just not made with the best materials, in my openion. I had problems with my Axial after about 1 1/2 gallon. The piston started comming apart inside the cylinder head, and scratched all up in the inside.

Basicly you get what you pay for. If you are going to spend as little as possible, then you wont get as great an engine and will be dissapointed in the long run. At least I was.

I'm about to get this one....
http://www.teamassociated.com/enlarge/lrp32809.htm

Last edited:
Its a good engine, but it is just not made with the best materials, in my openion. I had problems with my Axial after about 1 1/2 gallon. The piston started comming apart inside the cylinder head, and scratched all up in the inside.

Basicly you get what you pay for. If you are going to spend as little as possible, then you wont get as great an engine and will be dissapointed in the long run. At least I was.

I'm about to get this one....
http://www.teamassociated.com/enlarge/lrp32809.htm

well i had the same problem tha axial is a hpi motor i have both the 28 and 32 and the 28 piston had cracked in the block the 32 is alittle better the 28 suck had it in my mantis

Well that kinda sucks. Mine came in the savage when I bought the truck. Hopefully I make out better than ya'll did.

Hmm... It just seems like a great deal. I think if i take care of it properly it shouldnt have problems.. I think I'm going to go for it. If I'm not satisfied or something breaks I can check out the warranty from Axial and see what it offers as far as a protection plan.

I dont think the stock header will work here. Looks like I need a spring mounted header. Which one could I use with this engine. Also is this engine a direct bolt on or do I need a special mount?

excellent engine

i put around 3 gallons through the .28rr model.

POWERFUL engine
i had one in a revo
Engine would rip the front wheels/tires off the ground with no problems
i use to run 40 series moab xls wabash 40 series wheels in white

I have had two. Only one did I wear out at around 6 gallons or so of 30%. It lived a damn hard life of abuse, overheating and little after-run oil. Yes I like the LRP better it is twice the engine but for normal every day I liked them.

Back