Associated SC10 4x4 discontinued

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

expo Darin 73

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new associated SC10 4x4 from years ago I built most of it then had to move and I've lost parts, does anyone on here know where I can get parts other than eBay, I contacted Team Associated they ssid they have no stock and parts aren't being produced anymore
Thank you
Darin

TEKNO is the only brand that I know who continues to provide part support for all their legacy platforms.

Industry standard is for folks to sell off any vehicle that has been discontinued (other than TEKNO) in order to ensure parts support with current generation designs. It's encouraged to make a discontinued car a "shelf queen" or become very skilled at making your own part molds using old parts that are common to break.

Unfortunately the AE SC10 was a complete failure as it was plagued with too many design flaws and was arguably the fastest car that AE ever discontinued, if not the entire industry :(

If you truly want to get back into the 4WD SCT class, I would encourage you to do yourself a favor and get a TEKNO SCT410 2.0 just to have peace of mind all the way around.
https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr9500-sct410-2-0-1-10th-4x4-short-course-truck-kit/

I have no affiliation with TEKNO, just trying to be as helpful as I can :)

TEKNO also leads the industry with a 50% Lifetime Warranty:
https://www.teknorc.com/warranty-repair/

@expo Darin 73 , only thing I can think of is watch out for a used one and buy it for parts.
Good luck, I hope you find something.
Welcome in by the way. :)

Whats wrong with finding the parts on ebay?

eBay is really it. Unless you find a used SC10 roller / slider on FB marketplace place or parts lots on FB marketplace place, local FB RC groups, ect. Local hobby shops and tracks. I think the SC10 was discontinued last year some point so parts should still be available somewhat and somewhere.

I believe the SC10 4WD was released in 2011 and was discontinued in 2013, just shy of 2 years with not a single update to the platform. They had a SC10 2WD which lasted way longer and there were a couple other RTR's that were 4WD (Pro4) but were not technically SC10's.

Their biggest mistake was releasing the SC8 earlier which also failed because it wasn't ROAR legal. If they would've followed the industry standard and based the SC10 on the RC8 chassis (plus making it ROAR legal) like every other SCT on the market then chances are the SC10 would still be around to this day :(

I have a really old NIB SC 10 2WD. Green Mikita body (not black) and 2.4 ghz radio.

Is it worth anything?

I have a really old NIB SC 10 2WD. Green Mikita body (not black) and 2.4 ghz radio.

Is it worth anything?
I would post it up on RC10 Talk, you might find a collector willing to offer a reasonable price:
https://www.rc10talk.com/

I am not into collecting "shelf queens" where any vintage car that has no production parts support is only good for display purposes IMO.

Last edited:

Is it worth anything?
Up until last year, I didn't even know that teal Makita SC10 body existed. 2011 model 999TRK1. Probably the rarest of the bunch as other SC10 lovers had not seen it either. I personally would not pay more than what it cost new. That's not to say that someone on the right day might cough up a good chunk of change for a model they got to have.
1711668294660.png

Back