Associated Pro4 SC10, Shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcscott

RC Newbie
Reaction score
looking for Associated Pro4 SC10, Proline Shocks. Which do you suggest for Clay indoor SC racing

For PL shocks?
They have the ProSpec and the powerstroke
Looks like they have only the rears for the prospec ones. Prospec is 72 bucks a painr vs the powerstrokes are 61 bucks for a pair, id go for the powerstrokes.

You don't always have to go proline, since your racing, ProLine can work, but id get a set of shocks from a race kit like a SC6.2 or SC6.4. the .2 having the old 12mm v2 shocks and the new .4 having the new 13mm shocks, A set from either a SCTE or SCT410 can also work good for race spec parts.

I bought a set of shocks for a losi tenacity tt from jenny’s rc for my pro4. Certainly not “race spec”, but an improvement over the stock plastic units. Mostly a durability upgrade if anything, as the stock ones did work pretty well for what they are.
I used the stock pro4 springs.

I have a Pro4 SC10 and a Tenacity TT Pro. Unless I’m mistaken, the c-c lengths for the Pro4 shocks are 94 and 108 mm, and the Losi shocks are 90 and 110 mm. You’ll want to shorten the Losi rear shocks with internal limiters and use longer shock shaft eyelets in the front to get the droop right.

It might be you want to reduce the droop a little but 4 mm shorter front shocks is stretching it. (Depending on the mounting holes you choose, front droop can be limited by the steering links. The ball ends don’t have clearance for large angles. This is not good, put some limiters inside if this happens.)

The Pro4 shocks have very thick external limiters, 8 mm. There’s very little uptravel and the truck could use some but the stock shocks bump the pistons against the bladders if you reduce the ext. limiters.

Both shocks are plagued by undersized pistons. The Losis are aluminium but the quality of them isn’t that high, they are definitely RTR-grade shocks. If you are spending money to buy better shocks I think it would make sense to go for a more significant improvement. The AE shocks that come with the racing-grade kits are expensive but you get what you pay for.