anyone know of a bigger better motor i can use on my revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylesrevo3.3

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
p.s hey i have a new revo 3.3 i have changed like half the truck tryin to set it up for racing but without changing gearing or shift points or diff oil i wanna just get a bigger motor so if anyone knows of a brand and size of motor they have or used in the past please let me know i know of the obvious like having to change motor mounts and stuff right now i have it clocked at 58 on the pavement thanks guys

p.s if anyone needs stock revo parts let me know i have a huge pile of
preety much brand new parts everything been changed to rpm parts and alumnum rods and stuff

Last edited:
picco .26 JL Red dot
053 or 086 exhaust
new era engine mount
3 shoe alloy or carbon clutch

and fly into the wind

i have the engine mount, clutch and BB exhaust adapter waiting, just waiting for the motor to come off back order and then ill have the motor and exhaust sent over from the states and stick it in. looking forward to getting that in and running

ps, trx3.3 1hp, picco .26 JLR 2.7hp

Last edited:
For racing the 3.3 with a good pipe will be plenty.

The harder it is to control the slower you'll go, lap times come with suspension work & practice, not power.

Not that I race RC's, but I got quite a bit of experience with 1:1 track cars - where the same applies - most guys will go faster in an underpowered but well set up suspension & brakes wise car than they will with more power. Once they get the car lapping as fast as it can with the underpowered engine then & only then is it time to step up the motor.

Learning to drive fast with a car that is twitchy & prone to wheelspin (overpowered) is near impossible, driving skills will improve much faster with less power.

picco .26 JL Red dot
053 or 086 exhaust
new era engine mount
3 shoe alloy or carbon clutch

and fly into the wind

i have the engine mount, clutch and BB exhaust adapter waiting, just waiting for the motor to come off back order and then ill have the motor and exhaust sent over from the states and stick it in. looking forward to getting that in and running

ps, trx3.3 1hp, picco .26 JLR 2.7hp

Dude, I've been waiting for ever too on that JL red dot. I even called OFNA to see if that model is still in production and they assured me it was and they are just waiting for PICCO to restock them.

OP- the PICCO .28 with new era engine mount is killer.

The OS .21TM is slightly larger than the TRX 3.3 and is a killer mill. It's also a direct drop-in. That with a THS pipe and you're golden.

The OS .21 TM is an awesome engine. Never ran a picco red dot but alot of people talk about them

Thats a very good point! Seriously i really didnt take that into consideration. But yes i have my suspension and brakes fullly custom and adjused perfect. You know such as upgraded sway bars, i changed the shock oil to a different weight. Also i took the spring off the break lever and used a peice of antenna tube. Yes it is harder on the servo but my braking is way way better now Thanks for the advice !

---------- Post added at 2:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:19 PM ----------

hmmmm thanks!!!! for the motor guys. I'm gunna check it out, and if it droppes right in thats even better. Do you guys know if i could use my E-Z start system on that motor? Or should i just go to pull start? I know my E-Z start adds extra weight not needed for track racing. But i just love push button start I'm goin to look up the motor now and make calls! Hey also my exhsaust is a dual resonator pipe wonder if i go to a single chamber ill get more power???

You could use the EZ-Start, most of us would recommend ditching it and going to a pull start. With the pull start all you have to have on you is a glow igniter, much smaller and easier to carry in your pocket. The Traxxas starter wands are also known for going out, if you do decide to keep the EZ-start, I recommend ditching the blue and yellow wires and using a glow ignitor to light the plug. Here's the OS .21 for the Revo.

Yeah i have always had nitro trucks. So i know about the glow plug igniter and pull start. To me though its ust so much easier, ust push button and start. Does the E-Z start system really have that many problems? Because everyone wants to ditch it?

Most ditch it because of the weight, plus I find it easier to work on the truck with the little extra space you gain from using a pull start. I'm not sure if Traxxas has fixed the wands but for a while there my LHS was sending them in for replacements on brand new rigs, the wand would be dead right out of the box. Most of the bad ones I saw would stop lighting the plug, they would turn the starter fine but not heat the plug.

That motor is frekin sweet ! I noticed it has a bigger bore, but smaller stroke. And its slightly bigger in cc then the 3.3 hmmmm What is retail on this motor ? like rough estimate, and how is the quality i mean is this motor gunna take abuse?

Depends on what you consider to be abuse. The os 21tm is a great engine and will tune much easier than your 3.3.

Back