Anyone interested in a GASOLINE buggy?!?!?!?!?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think guys are selling these gassers a little short. I am a hardcore nitro guy and I really dig the new gassers.

I'm partial to the nitros just cuz it seems like they have more power than the gassers, at least in 1/8 scale.

It's from a reputable company which has been in the business of 1/8 nitro for a long time. The Losi 8 3.0 (from what I've read about it) is a REALLY good kit. Dynamite/SH makes a really nice engine for the money to boot. I love my 1/8 nitro but I would definitely give this a try (funds permitting of course). Would much prefer the option too buy just the car without electronics however (not that the current bundle isn't a fair deal). Add to that the savings in fuel cost and its a great deal. Would be amazing someone could make a .21 gas engine that preforms for racing. Start a whole new series.

I'm not a racer so please excuse my ignorance.. Will the gas buggy/truggy be allowed racing along side nitro buggies? Or is it too early to speculate?

Not a racer either, though I do love "racing" my nitro around the local track. Love it. I'll eventually take the leap and try my hand at actual races but thats a ways off. Sorry, to answer your question, no. With the current ROAR rules this buggy wouldn't be allowed to compete at all. Here's the PDF where you can find the engine sizes allowed... ROAR Rules.

From the performance I have seen out of the gasser and this just being at the LHS. They seem to be pretty close to nitro. The owner of the LHS had a Losi xxl2 out awhile back when I was there and it seemed pretty impressive to me. All the gasser stuff is way to overpriced though.

From the performance I have seen out of the gasser and this just being at the LHS. They seem to be pretty close to nitro. The owner of the LHS had a Losi xxl2 out awhile back when I was there and it seemed pretty impressive to me. All the gasser stuff is way to overpriced though.
This Losi 8-3.0 kit is priced fair thought I think.

You get EVERYTHING you need. Even a starter box.

My next mt will be a savage ss kit. And the mgt just might get a gas dymamite .31.. Or a diesel. Lol

Funny you mention the Mgt conversion. I just purchased a used but well kept MGT 8.0. Think it is going to be the test mule for the Dynamite gasser conversion.

Mine is a 4.6. I think the trans for the 8.0 will be much better suited. IMO.

Funny you mention the Mgt conversion. I just purchased a used but well kept MGT 8.0. Think it is going to be the test mule for the Dynamite gasser conversion.
Gasser in a MGT? Sounds like a great project idea.

I know I saw a youtube video of a gasser conversion into an MGT, but for the life of me I cannot remember what channel..:confused:

Back