anybody use kazaa?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinch

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i've tried downloading this a bunch of times. every time it finishes installing it goes to the setup screen where i have to enter my user name, email etc. and evey time it says "this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." befor i can even type in an email adress. any of you computer savvy folks know why this might be happening. anybody suggest an alternate file share program.

I'd HIGHLY recommend going with another file sharing program...I use WinMX!!!

Kazaa has LOTS of spyware in it, on top of that its FILLED with viruses everywhere. A good deal of computers that come into the local PC Shop i work at uses kazaa and all infected with viruses.

I have yet to get one virus from the people on WinMX!

-WoodiE

i have win mx but it never seems to work. i search but it never finds anything. any idea what that problem might be?

Use Kazza lite its excellent and has no spyware or junk with it . do a search on the boards there is a link posted somewhere. x

i have kazaa and i got a virus once when my bro downloaded a game. other than that its sweet.

cool. just got kazaa lite. works like a charm. thanks x.

My computer crashed last thursday, I had to download a FTP program because the shareware program I was using had expired. After the download, I opened up the program, and a program that said somthing about scratch tickets opened. And that was all she wrote, it locked up, crashed and burned. I say stay away from Kazaa, I had to learn the hard way:doh:

I use morpheus which is the same thing as kazaa, and as for it installing the 3 different spyware programs I am overall happy, I know when a program is a virus and when its the actual program, the other thing was uninstalling the dumb spywayre programs, but anyone with a little bit of knowledge can do it easily =)

ya i use kazaa and i downloaded a file and it put a huge virus in it. It recked my computer i had to go get another one:(

WinMX is solid. I only use Kazaa when I absolutely cannot find what I need on WinMX.

I strongly suggest Sophos for AntiVirus. Amazingly, if you sign up for their beta program, its free. This is the same engine in Antigen. One of the best corporate antivirus software apps in the world. It also is a VERY LIGHT taxation on your system resources. I have emailed them with suspect files at 2 in the morning and they reply quickly. You can also sign up for email notification of viruses. They also send you a link to the new identity file to protect yourself.

www.sophos.com

-Chris

I use Kazza Lite most of the time. I have my downloads to go a seperate partition from my boot partition just incase something does go bad. I have Norton scan the file as soon as its downloaded.

I used WinMX also but it is only good for MP3's. I can never find applications or games that I want to try.

While not sharing Woodie's view of Kaaza nor his "computer geek" knowledge, it's still wierd that you can't install. As far as viruses, I have not had any problem with it since I started using it and I have thousands of files I share.

Last edited: