another computer problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnarkill

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Last night, I did not notice but my laptop charger fell out and I didn't acknowledge it. It ran out of battery, but it didn't hibernate. It suddenly turned off. My eyes were sore so I didn't bother turning it back on.

I turned it on this afternoon and everything is lagged. No matter if I am moving the mouse, watching a youtube video, or scrolling down on a website, it lags.

Does anyone know what can be causing this problem?

-Thanks

Windows xp platform on a dell vostro 1500
Intel Core 2 Duo T5470 (1.6Ghz)
1GB 677Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
nVidia GeForce 8400M GS

Sounds like a memory leak/file corruption somewhere within the OS, this happens alot when computers get
shut down incorrectly.

Possibly check out video drivers. And other drivers if it helps.

Also check to see if all your fans are operating properly and nothing is clogged/blocking airflow. Overheating will cause lag but should shut down system after a few minutes most of the time...

Ummm... look into a system restore through windows xp, you can access this by going to start menu>programs>accessories>system tools, then you should see system restore. This method works only if a restore point was created in the past. No data is lost.

Do you have a xp disk that has a repair function? Which repairs the OS files and leaves all other data intact.

Last ditch effort would be to backup and reformat.
If I can think of anything else ill chime in.

GNARKILL!!! CKY4LIFE!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. Both of my fans were out. Luckily I had extras.

I didn't notice since I use an external fan most of the time when I have it sitting on my bed. It elevates it and gives it airflow. I wasn't using it when I started to get the lag.

Everything is good now :first_place: