Am I right?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitromaniac

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Today I took my nitro 4-crap2.5 out for a little bashin, I noticed when i gunned it , it really wanted to spin out easy, and when I would do a wot run it would want to spin out during breaking, it started doing this the last couple of times out and never did this b4, Am I right to think its the clutch? Clutch bell? gears? cmon guys! help me out here! the gears stillseem as tight as the day I got the car, whadya think?

I originaly thought this might be a suspension problem, but all shocks and camber are fine.

Last edited:
How many tanks of gas through the engine (to date)?

Almost a gallon of fuel so far

It may be in the drive train but I would also look at the setup.
It sounds like the ass end is light. Do your front shocks have oil in them? do you need to lower the rear ride height? Look at making adjustments to shift the weight to the rear of the car.

Just a thought.

-Ed

check your half shafts in the rear ... my car started to spin and bounce a lot in the rear because of the half shafts being worn ... it causes the axles to wobble and throws the car off balance ... it could also be the the 4 tec is a peice of junk ... jk

Originally posted by nitromaniac
Today I took my nitro 4-crap2.5 out for a little bashin, I noticed when i gunned it , it really wanted to spin out easy, and when I would do a wot run it would want to spin out during breaking,

this is almost for sure a setup problem. Which way (to the left, or right) does it spin on acceleration? on braking?

Last time when my car spin out during accelerate is because of my rear drive train screw loose. How to check, just follow this. Put your car at starter box and try to trigger the throttle slowly ( very slow )and see all the tire spin or not. If one of the tire not spin that mean your drive train not spin the dogbone and this can cause spin out.:doc:

supernitro, yes , we all know the 4tec is a piece of junk but thanks again for reminding me!lol But This is my bash and beat car! I just want it to go in a straight line,

Nitro addict; it wants to spin towards the right, but,dont know if its any different going left, its just become really loose, yeah, shocks have been rebuilt and full of oil, rear end looks fine too, I have noticed that when I push the car down(front) it stays down, I have replaced all front end components like a arms and front suspensoin assembly, but if I pic the car up and work the schocks up and down they work as they should. I only drive this car when my real RC(ntc3) is clean and resting, I hate this car but love the speed, can't figure this one out!

if it pulls to one side upon acceleration or braking, this is due to the chassis being tweaked. U say u have an NTC3 - me too. I also assume that you have the XXXmain tuning guide? if not, get it! If the steering servo is okay, and u have already checked the toe in, camber, castor, ect - then the only other thning it can be, is that one wheel is getting more traction than the rest.

Example - it pulls to the right upon acceleration. ::: That means that the right rear wheel is getting more traction than the rest. solution: tighten up the right rear shock.

Thankx NA, I will look into the rear shocks, xxxtuning guide???
where and how ? pics of my tc3 in my members gallery, new 7075-t6 chassis. I like it! do you?

LOL - looks just like mine! i am also running a simlilar chassis, and the same engine. take a look in my gallery for pics of mine.

the XXXmain tuning guide can be purchased online at www.xxxmain.com or at any LHS. IT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN FUEL! A must have!

Thanks again NA, Checked out your gallery, dont know what I liked better The tits I see or the TC3 lol,, that rhymes!

LOL - thanks, i think. Any more questions, feel free to let them fly - this is a great site, and i hope to see you hear often. As for tits, check out the babe thread, i posted about 100 more pics there, lol.

been there, done them, I mean done that! Ha!

Hey NA,, what number is on the bottom of your chassis and who makes it,that looks like the one I was looking for but couldnt find it, but I am real happy with the one I have , if your ever in the Sarasota/Englewood area, I know I great lhs for ya, its small but the guy knows his poop!, its worth the drive to deal with some one with knowledge than to drive 2 blocks for some one who dosnt know poop! This guy had my motor, chassis, radio and lots more in stock, great store!

Last edited:
the number is 7075, for the alum. type. its made by golden horizons. we have two of the best LHS's in the southeast here in orlando. www.Colonialphotohobby.com who sponsers my NTC3 during the regional races, and www.superiorhobbies.com = one of the largest onroad hobby shops in the south. i didnt even know you were in FL till i looked. not too far from here really. maybe what...1.5 hours?

you got it! Sarasota 1.5 hours,, depending on what I'm drivin!

LOL - Do you work on the weekends?

why dont u drive up to orlando this saturday - great race going on, fun, u can run .15 engines, nice onroad track, and only 15 bucks!

sounds like a good ride, $15 bucks,, sweet! gonna send ya a pm,this thread is spent!