All about My T-maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stroytika

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey everyone, i have been posting and asking questions here and there and i have been searching old threads for info on the t-maxx platform. some of the most useful for me were when people went into detail about their trucks.. so i thought i would return the favor
2011-09-14134819.jpg

Here it is in all its glory lol. it was originally a 2.5 maxx that i eventually upgraded to a 4907 plate plus UE Monoblock. it really turned out great. the tires are VTR 4.0s with Badland 3.8s on them. i would rate these tires as extremely effective for general bashing. you can see I'm using rpm a arms, and the true track in the rear. in the front I'm using tekno rc axle carriers with bearings for a 6mm shaft i ordered from boca. the front skid item is made by t bone racing. a must have imho.

2011-10-22183632.jpg

This photo shows the powerplant i'm currently running. I'm running an lrp z.28r spec 3 with pull. I'm using a revo spur on the trans so my gear ratio at this point is 18t bell // 36 t spur. i have to run this high because the diffs i have in have a different ratio then traxxas diffs. its just a stock clutch, its something i want to upgrade in the future. i won the air filter in an ebay auction. the tank is the ofna tank you see many people running. pipe is an ofna 053.

2011-10-22183609.jpg

This Photo shows the suspension setup. i am running an 8 shock setup, all shocks are the rears off of a LOSI 8T truggy. i definately would reccomend them for anyone. i went to these after finding the big bore were just not enough for bashing. they are beastly, and the truck gives them no problems.
the shock towers are fast lane machine, and they are amazing. as well both bulkheads are aluminum and the front is an flm one

2011-08-25112726.jpg

this photo shows the different between the old and the new shock setup.

2011-08-30004924.jpg

this photo shows the diffs i am running. because i would like to SOMEDAY brushless this truck. i decided to put 1/8 scale diffs in. as opposed to buying hybrid bulks, i learned that losi LST XXL diffs will fit into a tmaxx with some fenaggeling. I cut the outer rings off some old maxx diffs with my dremel, and bored out the collar to make it fit. i also had to order in some specialty parts from rc monster to make this work as well as it does. as long as i keep these diffs shimmed, i will never ever break them. I'm also running the traxxas steel cvd kit, which i find lacks strength (something i will eventually replace)

2011-10-22183648.jpg

UE Monoblock. Nuff Said. KICKS ARSE!

2011-10-22183756.jpg

this photo shows my rear swaybar set up. it was inspired by the 4 shock swaybar setup people run on their maxxes combined with how new era models' maxx sway bar setup works. the actuall sway bar is for the LST. (lots of losi parts on this truck)

2011-10-15081840.jpg

with big joes taped and balanced. this is how ill run it in the sand pit lol.

i would like to put a better clutch in it. but right now she handles amazing. i keep stripping the trans gears though so a RR Set it on the way. What do you guys think?

Good job, i like the sway bar kit and the fact that it looks like a track beast. Great job on every thing and all the choices for every part you chose was just plain logical.

beautiful machine, I too am on the path to upgrades. What model lid and wing is that?

I have the same tires on my classic with a 3.3 on it with the black tranny still in it.. I love those tires!!!! and I love your look on the truck!! I love seeing different maxx setups!!!

I have the same engine in my T-Maxx. I went with the hybrid diffs and the six gear Ofna Spider diffs. All shimmed in tight....those bad boys are NOT going anywhere! I have the R&R gears in the tranny because the first tank of real running the tranny shelled the second I hit second gear. Here is the link set-up I did for the slipper clutch and diffs. I am doing the spur a bit differnt now though a little better fix until I get my other fixed up. I like the Savage spur gear v/s the Traxxas....the TRX is awesome in design but just couldn't hold up to the LRP.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76378

and pictures of mine as is right now is half way down the page. Only thing differnt is I did a mod to beef up the front skid plate.

Last edited:
If you are having problems with the clutch set-up go with an 1/8 scale clutch. It is pretty easy to do and will perform much better and will last longer too. Mine just ate clutches, spur gears and slipper pads until I swapped it all out.

@joey yeah I'm already running a 1/8 scale setup. good advice though. I'm thinking of putting a werks adjustable clutch on it though. i just installed the RR gears today.

Back