Air Tool Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
This past Sunday at the track, one of the guys there had a pretty tricked out race-day set-up. Guy came with a large trailer that had it's own generator and the trailer literally was a rolling workshop. He had a 30 gallon compressor, workbench, lights, power...the whole smash!

Anyway, he had one of the slickets air tools I've ever seen and I never thought to ask where he got it.

Basically, it's a blow gun that has a feed tube attached to it. I saw him putting the feed tube into a gallon jug of water then using the blow gun to wash his tires off, rinse the bodies of his buggies off and clean the chassis and what not. Slickest thing I'd ever seen! The best part was, because it was a blow gun, he could direct the stream very precisely.

It's almost like a pneumatic sand blast gun, but more precise of a stream.

I've been hunting for that last couple days but cannot find what I'm looking for! It's killing me I didn't ask the guy when I saw it, so next time I see him (hopefully) I'll ask.

In the meantime, anyone heard or seen one of these?

sweetdiesel,

You link takes me to Home Depots patio crap...no engine cleaning attachements.?!?

-Michael

Edited first post.

Aww very nice thanks Mr Diesel!

I've checked harborfreight's website doesn't look like they have it for "engine cleaner" maybe I'll run over to the harbor freight store here in town this weekend and see if they have it. Cool lil tool!

-Michael

OMG that AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just added another thing to my wish list.

"bro"?!? Ummm, ok.

Ah, that thing is so COOL! Picked one up on the way home from work! Only cost $12.00 and man, it took maybe a 1/3 of the time to truly clean my Revo then it would trying to use a spray bottle!

I'd HIGHLY recommend getting one of these little gadgets if you have an air compressor!

Pretty cool. I bring a small compressor with me when I go to the track. I'll have to pick one of these up. I'm not so sure I want to shoot water at my truck though, I'll use something like Simple Green or Fantastic.

Last edited:
rossb said:
Pretty cool. I bring a small compressor with me when I go to the track. I'll have to pick one of these up. I'm not so sure I want to shoot water at my truck though, I'll use something like Simple Green or Fantastic.

Yeah, that's what I used. I mixed up a solution of Simple Green and D/A then blew it dry. Worked like a charm!

I used to use them sometimes to clean 1:1 engines and parts, never thought about it for rc though.

uhhh, the link comes up page not found...but I am very intrigued...anyone have an updated link or at least a picture???

Attachments

• CHW-TL1032[1].jpe
    CHW-TL1032[1].jpe
    25.4 KB · Views: 129
right on man...thanks a ton!!!! I will be picking one of those up really soon...
I can't stand the grimey feel of my car....

For a quick 'do it yourself', a piece of refrigerator ice machine line works wonders. That's the 1/8 copper flex that goes to the supply. You can either solder it to a threaded air gun insert, or stick it in an airgun with a rubber tip.

Back